Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a pristine 93 teal cobra, bone stock down to the plug wires.

I'm trying to get some ideas for mods tailored to the cobra motor. I've owned a 5.0, so i dont need the 101 lessons for gears, exhaust, etc.

Give me hard numbers on cams that really turn the motor alive, or heads, etc.

Also give me your experience with other mods...suspension, braking ,etc.

thanks

·
Registered
432 Posts
Way to go Chirag !!!!
Nice car

Have you talked to Victor about how he did this weekend in Redding? I saw him at the track, but left early and didn't get a chance to watch him

Later
Brian

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey Brian,
Redding... that must be that place i passed threw at 110 mph on saturday on my way down from seattle (that's where i flew to buy this 93 cobra) ;)

I havent talked to victor, didnt know he was going to redding.

btw, did you once tell me you can do gears? (hint hint)

later

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
What are your intentions, or goals for this car. If you want a great driver, with good power, just swap in an E303 cam, AFR165 heads, port match or port and match intake, go with a 75MM (or about that) MAF, and 65mm T-body (can't remeber off hand if it came stock with one. of course shorties, h-pipe, and good catback, with gears will help;)
If you want even more, go with an incon twin turbo kit if you can find one for sale. on a stock cobra, well lets just say:eek: , and you would never know by looking.

·
Banned
3,819 Posts
A9L computer and a Maf calibrated for 24# injectors, big gains over the stock ecu.

Gears and exhaust of course

As far as cams go the 2031 from crane is tailored for the cobras setup (1.7 rockers).

or forget all that and go straight to the Blower :)

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Sweet car, how many miles are on it?
Well What I would do is throw some 4.10's at it, a set of longtubes, off road pipe, A9l computer with matching 75mm bullet meter, port that stock cobra intake, 70mm t.b., get some afr 165's and have them milled down to about 55cc chambers, an fti cam (I am sure somone could grind you one to be used with your stock 1.7 rr's), some sort of 2 1/2" cat back, and you will be really close to 11's with some suspention and slicks. Kyle is a perfect example, and I am pretty sure he is on all stock suspention. Thats what I would do if I ever decide to touch my cobra anyways.

·
Registered
594 Posts
A9L Computer and meter swap, longtubes, either the E, 2031, or crower 15511 cams make good power and gears, everything else on these cars is pretty much addressed, with GT-40 heads, Cobra Intake, injectors etc! Oh yea throw a good intank pump and an adjustable regulator at and U have a solid 12 second car! Any body out there have an opinion on porting my cobra intake with my current setup do U think it would be worth the trouble?? Any thoughts! Thanks Trey

·
Banned
3,819 Posts
trey193 said:
A9L Computer and meter swap, longtubes, either the E, 2031, or crower 15511 cams make good power and gears, everything else on these cars is pretty much addressed, with GT-40 heads, Cobra Intake, injectors etc! Oh yea throw a good intank pump and an adjustable regulator at and U have a solid 12 second car! Any body out there have an opinion on porting my cobra intake with my current setup do U think it would be worth the trouble?? Any thoughts! Thanks Trey
Word has it a port matching of the lower to the heads is good for as much as 10 hp. Sonds like a lot of work to me :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THanks for the input.
Can I use the A9M (auto version of the A9L)?

Also, how do you do a C&L with the cobra computer? in other words, would i use a 24mm sampling tube or a 19? Seeing as the computer is already set up for 24lb injectors, I am not sure...

thanks

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Go with your choice of C&L meter with the 24lb sampling tube and the A9L processor. I believe it's OK to use the auto-trans processor on a manual-trans car but not vice-versa. I may have that backwards, though. :confused:
You shouldn't have a hard time finding the A9L.
Good luck and nice car.

Lou.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts