Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got this anti roll so im going to try it. i know there is better 1s but this is what i have to work with. off the bar i have the 2 long arms that go out and then the 2 joints that goes to the rear end. the 2 long arms have marks that say mustang but its like they are to short. short rods that come up are not up and down straight. i dont want to weld on the rear end because its done and coated and the rear end is like 3 or 3.5 inches shorter on each side so i cant use any roll bar for a stock rear end. the place i got the rear end from is making a 1 inch bar because the bar i have bends. this is the best pic i have. the rubber bushing did not hold so i had brass bushing made. my bushings have .001 -.002 tight into the mounts. the bar is made to have +.001-+.002 clearance.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Are those down bars on the sides just attached on with a spline setup? IE, not a bolt going through the actual bar? Seems like they would strip fairly easily.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes its on a spline. my friends car was had the type that just had a bolt that clamped it to the roll bar and it does not hold. we bolted a metal plate to each side and welded it to it and it worked

1 - 3 of 3 Posts