Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan to get a roll bar maybe this winter, but if it will help a lot, i may get it sooner, just not sure which one, maybe Team Z, UPR, or TRZ. But my question is, will this bar help the car react out of the hole faster and give more consistant sixties? I had a race yesterday and lost in the finals, due to my worst sixty of the day of a 1.70. Tehy were ranging 1.59 to 1.70 at 4900 launches. will the ARB put me a couple of hundreths of each other on the sixties? Or should i stick with my air bag?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes they will help make the car more consistent for the entire run and make the car more stable on the big end. The Anti-roll bars / sway bar will do more and work much better than the air bag and drag launch springs could ever think of doing.

Dan

·
Registered
325 Posts
+1...what he said.

plus it gives you better adjustment in the back end. you can chuck the airbag and setup the anti-rollbar to do the same thing only with more precision.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
yes, no need for the airbag once you put an ARB in it. Kevin aka Baseline's ARB's are very well built and do the job nicely with a good price. If you have an ARB and adjustable rear shocks with stock springs, along with adjustable ctrl arms, you've got everything you need in the rear suspension to crack off some 1.3x sixty foots or better.

I liked Kevin's ARB so much, after I wrecked my white car (got oil under the tires), I cut his bar out and may be replacing the Team Z bar that was in the coupe I bought.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I can't say that the car reacted better and don't have a good comparison on 60 foots as I did the ARB and baseline lower ctrl arms at the same time. I can say after I put them in and got it all adjusted properly, the car did go a new best sixty foot of 1.43.

The car definitely launched even and straight as an arrow and went straight down the track.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Here's what you need to do call the company in the picture I'am going to post ask for Dave.I have his suspension on my and have seen some big improvements.I went from 1.45 to 1.38 60ft's with just a suspension change and setup ARB, Upper relocate arms, and strange 10 ways.

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does the added weight of the ARB effect the car. Really like the car to be more stable up top for sure! I trap 123mpph and its not a warm and fuszzy feeling on slicks.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Does the added weight of the ARB effect the car. Really like the car to be more stable up top for sure! I trap 123mpph and its not a warm and fuszzy feeling on slicks.
Not at all.

ks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I installed a UPR ARB on my old 89 GT that WAS cutting 1.50 60' times all day. After install the car was a LOT easier to conrtol out of the hole on the gas. It used to twist up pretty bad but after install it just stayed level and streight. Didn't improve a LOT but did start going 1.45 short times.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I just cut out my ARB (going road racing) but it was probably the best thing I did once the car got into the 10"s. It would 60ft. around 1.5-1.6 on ET Streets. Put the ARB on and cut it down to 1.45. Switched to Strange adjustables and ET Street Drag Radials and went 1.41. It was VERY consistent and went perfectly straight. I highly recommend one. In fact I still have my old one if you are interested. It's complete. Shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just cut out my ARB (going road racing) but it was probably the best thing I did once the car got into the 10"s. It would 60ft. around 1.5-1.6 on ET Streets. Put the ARB on and cut it down to 1.45. Switched to Strange adjustables and ET Street Drag Radials and went 1.41. It was VERY consistent and went perfectly straight. I highly recommend one. In fact I still have my old one if you are interested. It's complete. Shoot me a PM.
PM sent thanx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts