Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a track rental on Saturday night, took my car out there for some more testing. Unfortunately I only got one pass due to rain.
I managed to get a good 60ft, but let off early to make sure I can brake. I was very pleased with the result, we are leaving alot on the table. Enough with the writing, here is the slip and a vid my buddy took from the stands.

Another buddy of mine has a better vid, Soon as I get it, I'll post it up.
I set the 2step at 4k and left at about 11psi.
http://youtu.be/9Wd_RBHo1hg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well done man, thats unreal!!
Good work on the 60', how far out untill you give it full boost?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! I didn't log that run cause of the rush to get a pass before the rain came back. And the car feels like a freight train from the begining...lol but I think it really wakes up at the 300-330 mark.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Great times. Gives me hope for my setup. I went out two weeks ago on 18#. Car went 120mph in the 8th but couldn't get it to leave. I need a launch control.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks!! Thanks good 1/8th mile for 18#. I'm leaving at 11psi and after seeing a pic of mine launching, it could take more on the hit. I'm trying to get to 8.50s with this same tune, just playing with the launch psi and the 2step. Keep working at it, the first 330ft is the most important. I gotta say I never thought this F cammed 306 would dip into the 8s.:joy:

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
What gear is in your car? I do all 8th mile and been thinking of trying a 3.55. I've got 3.27's now with 28" tires.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have 3.08s on it right now, it seems ok but I'm my shift light is turning on at the 1000ft mark so I'm getting a little slip. I didn't get to log this run but I need to go back to do some logging. I might have to switch to the 27s to reduce the slip. 3.55s will work better for 1/8th mile but you might get some traction problems on the line.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Congrats sir, that thing is moving!!!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Same problem I'm having now with the light coming on befor the end of the 8th. I knjw I need a better converter.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn yeah thats pretty bad...lol mine comes on around the 1000ft mark. But i also have the shift light set at 6400 so i'm not sure which it is..lol

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPR tubular K member with 175 coilover springs on Strange 10 way struts.
Then on the rear I have their Pro Series upper/lower control arm kit with anti-roll bar and strange 10 way shocks and eibach drag springs. All the bushings in the rear are solid.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Yea my light comes on around 6900,7000. Its real bad if I shift to second early and dont run out first. It will pretty much slip instantly. Im just running a steet/strip 10" from bte. its way overpowered.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Motor/trans/turbo change

Most of my stuff was stolen. I loaded my truck up to go to the shop the next day, truck got stolen that night. When recovered parts were long gone.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts