Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have finally started on my turbo set-up. The kit is a PTK kit that has never been used, only mocked up that I got from another member. Turbo is a BW S475,T4 flange w/.90 ex. housing from Work turbochargers. I've got the hotside mocked up and am in the process of building a 3 1/2 downpipe. This is going on the motor in my signature and am hoping for 650-700 on pump gas. I got the I/C mounted today without hacking up the bumper cover. I also kept the a/c by flipping the condensor so the lines now exit on the lower drivers side. Just have to get some new lines made up. Now lets here some opinions/suggestions. I'll post more pics as I take them.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Cool...good luck with your build. Reed at works turbo chargers is great to deal with. I had him modify my S475 into a S476 for me for the headsup class I run in.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Downpipe is coming together. Making it a two piece that seperates just before it turns down near the firewall.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Downlpipe is finished. Also changed the W/G location, overall I'm pretty happy with it. Especially considering I'm using a 110V flux core welder! Going to have the hot side coated black and probably powder coat the cold side silver.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice work!
Pretty serious build, 408ci and an S475! Look forward to seeing it run numbers!
What size gate is that?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The gate is a Tial MVR 44mm. I just got everything back from coating, will post some pics later. It should run okay, it's a S400sx3 turbo, alot of guys are runnig the bigger T6 version of this turbo, but I'm not looking for max effort as I still have a stock block. I'd like to see mid to low 10's in the mid to high 130mph trap speed. We'll see!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://
Got the headers ceramic coated locally and powder coated the cold side. Hot side is good to 1900* and is coated inside also, lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got everything together and running. Set the waste gate for 5lbs and left my chip in it from the previous setup. A/F is 10:1. Yet to go full throttle until I get it on the Dyno and properly tuned. What a difference. This thing is sooo quiet! At idle it sounds like it has a small cam and exhaust but crack the throttle and you know it's business time. The whole attitude of the car changes once the boost comes on. I'll try and get a better picture up soon. http://

1 - 10 of 10 Posts