Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got my 10 second pass yesterday. I usually only get out once a year and hadn't run the car since last October where it went [email protected] This year I tried a set of 26x10 stiff wall e.t. drags and raised the rear of the car 1/2". Clutch is still way too aggressive but i'm not going to mess with it at this point. Launching at 7100, shifting at 7200 out the door at 7150.

60' 1.459
330' 4.416
1/8 6.924
mph 97.66
1000' 9.097
1/4 10.933
mph 122.76

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkcfbNxtpvs

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Nice job Jesse. I've followed your car's progress over the years. Congrats!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Is this a hydraulic roller? How 'bout a few details...

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mgerman93 said:
Nice job Jesse. I've followed your car's progress over the years. Congrats!
Thanks a bunch I appreciate it. You have no idea how excited I was to see that you got yours a couple weeks back! I've been watching very close :)

Is this a hydraulic roller? How 'bout a few details...
Yes it is a hydro roller. It's a stock 93 block, crank, and rods with some 12.2:1 slugs and an anderson n-91 cam stuffed in it. Heads are twisted wedge with some port work. Itake is a vic efi with 90mm t.b. and 80mm maf. 4.56 gears, g-force t-5, strange struts, 50/50's, baseline upper control arms, pro3i lowers. It sees plenty of street time in the summers but It's more of a track built car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
congrats Jesse H !! what kind of clutch are you using??

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Impressive...are you using ford lifters?
Yes they are stock (unmodified) ford lifters. The heads have stock valves with titanium keepers and retainers. This is the 4th season on the valve sprins so they will be getting replaced this winter for sure. Still no apparent signs of valve float even up past 7200rpm.

93mustank said:
Whats the race weight?
I scaled the car a couple of weeks ago when I was debating weather or not to put the tubular k-member/arms/coil overs in and it came out like this.

front = 1610
rear = 1130
without me = 2740
At the track yesterday with me, fuel and helmet = 2970

noponi2 said:
congrats Jesse H !! what kind of clutch are you using??
Thanks! Its an anderson hi rev. I'd love to try something a little less aggressive. As you can hear in the vid it's really pulling the motor down.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice numbers, whats done to the bottem end, you said stock 93 stuff.
Balanced?
I didnt think they would stay together at 7200 rpm
Stock block, stock 50oz balance. I've ran this combo for 4 years, so far so good.

·
Registered
931 Posts
very nice... love to see cars pulling some r's.... I met a guy at US131 that runs a 65/66 stang with a 289 up to around 9500...

·
Registered
961 Posts
7100-7200 wow, congrats man

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Thats awesome Jesse! I seen the vids on TCS and I was impressed.

·
Registered
251 Posts
what kind of gas do you run in this thing? what other bolt ons does it have?

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what kind of gas do you run in this thing? what other bolt ons does it have?
I run torco 110 leaded in the car. I'd say I put about 400 miles a summer on the car, it's by no means a daily driver. I'm not sure what you mean by bolt on's? Nothing is really stock at this point other than the interior, power windows & locks, block, crank, rods.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts