Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys was wondering if anyone has ever run poly bushing on the upper arm to the frame and aluminum spherical bushings on the rear end housing??

thinking if i run poly frame bushings and keep the alum ones on the housing might alleviate the movement from side to side

car makes about 500rwhp 3200 lbs car

i have poly bushings on the lower control arms right now but was using upr spherical bushing on both sides of the upper control arms but i am getting alot of swaying around under boost on drag radials and slicks makes for a hairy ride..

people have recommend anti roll bar but cant use tailpipes and wanna keep them and some a pan hard bar just dont know what to do. car leaves hard 1.56 60ft on et drags just will not stay straight going down the track and some what not as bad but still does under boost going down the freeway even with 18s drag radials.......:mad:

some people saying i need upr spherical lower bushings to match the uppers but thinking that will make it worse????

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
There are anti roll bars out there that fit most common tail pipe kits as well. Most of the kits that allow room for tail pipes move the arms in a little towards the center of the rear end.

And like Dan @ Wolfe said, you can always modify the tail pipes. I have 3.5" tail pipes that go over the axle like the stock ones. I use the Baseline Suspension's anti roll bar.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes the arms can be moved in. But, the more you move the arms in the less effective it becomes. You actually want the arms as far out (close to the tires) as possible.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yes the arms can be moved in. But, the more you move the arms in the less effective it becomes. You actually want the arms as far out (close to the tires) as possible.
I think most will agree with that (there have been arguments on this site arguing against that to a point). But in a street car some times there are compromises in parts. It is hard to deal with and you have to make decisions based on the facts. I still think some thing is better than nothing. My car has to have tail pipes as much as I drive it. I can not stand the drone in the car with out them. So the anti roll bar down bars are in a little. The car with out the anti roll bar hooked up has a lot of body lean. It also pushed the car a lot to the right. The next pass with it hooked up it left very level and strait. Not optimal? Maybe. Does it work? sure does.

With out anti roll bar hooked up.

First pass with the anti roll bar hooked up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts