Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hard mount my Ultrashield Rallysport, do you have any recommendations on how to mount this to the factory seat locations?

I can either bottom or side mount the seat, with side mounting being my preference.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I want to hard mount my Ultrashield Rallysport, do you have any recommendations on how to mount this to the factory seat locations?

I can either bottom or side mount the seat, with side mounting being my preference.

Thanks,

David
Lots of ways to skin that cat...

I mounted my Ultrashield using aluminum side-mounts from I/O Port Racing bolted to sliders from Sparco. The sliders are then bolted to a custom-fabricated frame that bolts to the factory mounts (sort of -- I actually modified the floor a LOT to get the seat as low as possible, but you can easily use the factory mounts, too.)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gt40,

I want to keep the stock floormounts as is. I guess I am really looking for an inexpensive base to mount my side mounts to...

Dave

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Thanks Gt40,

I want to keep the stock floormounts as is. I guess I am really looking for an inexpensive base to mount my side mounts to...

Dave
The problem you're going to run into is that the width of the side mounts is determined by the width of the seat. If the seat isn't *just* the right width, it won't match up with any kind of pre-made mount. If you want to use a pre-made mount, you'll either need to use a bottom mount or figure out how to adapt the side mounts to an existing mount.

The seat will likely end up sitting pretty high in the car, too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem you're going to run into is that the width of the side mounts is determined by the width of the seat. If the seat isn't *just* the right width, it won't match up with any kind of pre-made mount. If you want to use a pre-made mount, you'll either need to use a bottom mount or figure out how to adapt the side mounts to an existing mount.

The seat will likely end up sitting pretty high in the car, too.
Thanks for the response. I have some 1" square tubing that I am going to mount the side mounts to so that the seat can be centered on the steering wheel. From there, I plan to "lower" the seat using the side mounts.

I really want to stay away from slider as they add height...it seems like with the 4 bazillion mustangs out there that someone would make an affordable race seat hard mount.

Dave

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a Holcomb Motorsports aluminum bracket. I have a little problem, the rear bolts aren't long enough to thread the nut on. The bolt next to the trans tunnel comes out easily, but the outboard rear bolt doesn't budge. Is it welded on the back or something? I thought it was weird that one bolt comes out and one doesn't.

Any ideas? Thanks

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts