Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone aware of someone making an aluminum floor board or something similar to that that I can put in the foot well, now that the interior is stripped. I would be nice to keep it clean in there, and grip tape does not stick to the uneven surface very well, not to mention that it gets hot. I've seen something like that done for rally cars and stuff, is there something that can be bought off the shelf?

Something similar to this.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've never seen it done in a Mustang. You could probably cut and bend some aluminum diamond plate to make it work. Personally I would just clean it up and spray some truck bedliner in that area if I was worried about making it pretty.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
That is beautiful! And i would love to do it someday, buts to me its honestly just for looks. And that time/money can be spent elsewhere on my fox. It looks awesome but i have hundreds of things to do before making a custom aluminum panel for my feet.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car is pretty much class ready, the only thing I need to do now is make it more comfortable for myself, so I feel more at one with it. I think an even floor with some grip tape on it would do the trick. I have put some grip tape on the floor after removing the sound deadening, but it came off almost immediately, because the floor is uneven.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts