Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of post's with people that have them. Would like to know the quality of these springs and any feedback on them. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I've used them in customers cars with tfs 1 cams and have worked well, they do the job for budget minded people and fit on stock style heads without having to machine spring pockets

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm halfway through installing a set on a 98 exploder 302 that I'm putting into my dad's car. It's got a TFS1 cam. since I haven't actually run the vehicle with them, I can't comment on the effectiveness, but from a materials standpoint and packaging standpoint I'm impressed. Everything is very well packaged and clearly labeled so that you don't mix up the intake & exhaust keepers, which locate the spring retainers at different heights for the intake and exhaust.

I do have to say though, that 2 things seemed a bit odd to me. The first is that these springs really don't feel as "stiff" as I thought they'd be. They don't feel much different than the stockers when I compress them with the tool. Maybe I'm just used to the double springs that I run on my LS motor, so these feel soft to me. The other thing was the valve stem seals. Again, maybe it's just because they're different than I'm used to, but these seemed to be a bit cheesy. But, as long as the springs and the seals do their job, that's what matters, but since the whole front end of his car is torn apart for a subframe replacement, it's going to be a while before I can report on how well they work.

Minor update: Last night I finished installing the springs. The kit included one extra intake keeper, and one extra exhaust keeper. Nice touch.:cool:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Had a set on my car for over a year now. Very nice kit never had any problems.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Put em on my "p" heads with a stock cam about 2 months ago mainly for peace of mind. The quality seemed to be fine and no issues so far.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I've used them on two sets of gt40p heads. They are nice springs for the money. The last set I checked were all within a few lbs of each other at installed height. We ran them on a carbed engine with a 6500 rpm limiter without any signs of float.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've got about 1500 miles on a set (just did a H/C/I swap, e303,explorer intake and Iron Gt40's) and they work awesome. Pretty much the same as everyone else...car bounces of the rev limiter like there is no tomorrow. Alex springs if my memory serves me right, also has more seat pressure than trick flows too. For the money they are worth their weight in gold :)

·
USAF retired
9,029 Posts
The springs are supposedly made by PAC, the hardware is offshore stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts