Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on most of my prior turbo cars, I've done some sort of liquid injection. Different types of mixes; pre, post, combined etc. I've come to like before the impeller best of all. For one main reason. The ability to make a smaller turbo more efficient. It does this by cooling the air entering and compressing inside the compressor housing. Shifting the compressor MAP to act as a slightly larger turbo through increased efficiency.

This is my first supercharger set up. It's an older single belt Novi 1000. Nothing special. I've read these reach their efficiency range at around 10-12psi and will not generate much higher boost than that in most cases. I'm curious if I could use my past experience with the right injection to increase the usable range of this charger. Just like I've done with running smaller turbos.

Anyone here done this and noticed they could spin their centrifugal supercharger past the reccomend RPM and still make more boost without pumping hot useless air?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have seen some videos that @Michael Plummer did this. I think some of his posts indicated he found little benefit to pre injection, but I dont think he was using it for the same fashion. He is one of the resident water/alchy injection gurus on here so I tagged him

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I used to run a tri-nozzle AIS system when I ran a V7 JT trim on my 2v. I picked up 2psi from spraying pre-blower...however I was not maxing out the efficiency range of the blower so I can't comment on whether spraying pre-blower would offset the heat produced from being out of a blowers efficiency range

1 - 3 of 3 Posts