Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got it today and this thing is a work of art. I can't wait to install it! :joy: It's too bad that I don't have a digital camera or I would post a picture of it.

When I placed my order, I had them weld in extra reinforcements so I can take this to the autocross track. With the extra braces, it weighs in at 26 lbs. Very nice.

This will make installing my headers a breeze. This is one of the few K-Members that I have found that doesn't change the geometry of the front end while allowing you to keep your stock, Steeda and/or Eibach springs. You can of course order their A-Arms and coil-over setup if you really want to save weight in the front or if your car sees regualr track duty.

A big thanks to Craig @ Modern Performance for putting together the GP.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Yep I have one and the tubular A arms... they are definately a work of art. I'm very impressed to say the least.

Glad to hear you're happy as well.

-Tim

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
How much did you get the K-member for?? I would like to get one of these eventually, to make clutch, tranny, and header problems, when they arise easier. So, it is just a direct bolt-in K-member, and you don't have to change anything else out?? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I too am very pleased with my AJE K-member. I am hopefully going to the track this Saturday to see what kind of improvement the Powerpipe, Densecharger, Longtubes, Magnaflow catback and Tubular K gave me in the ET/MPH department.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
98kobra said:
How much weight are we talking about saving with K-member, coil overs and A-arms?
I'm not sure how much weight the a arms and coilovers but the stock k member is 58 lbs and the AJE one I have just like above is 24 lbs.

I'm very interested in hearing since I also have the tubular A arms and coilovers :) Anyone know on stock vs aftermarket on these?

Tks.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wangstang said:
What did they charge to reinforce the memeber for the open track autocross stuff?

Thanks,
Wes
It was added at no charge.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I am also interested, is it still going on. Email me at [email protected]. What price?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately the GP is over. Perhaps Craig Standley of Modern Performance or someone else will start another one if their is a lot of interest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts