Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, heres the problem/question- the other day i removed the whole dash piece that houses the cd player, radio, and ac vents while trying to put in a new cd player. the new cd player didnt work, so i replaced the whole thing in stock form. after this, my airbag light came on. it starts blinking and then stays on. it never did this before i took the radio out, so is there something in that viscinity that i could have upset to cause the light to come on? with the new cd player in there i continously blew the radio fuse, which i found is also the fuse for the speedo/odo, keyless entry, and clock pod. anyone have any idea why my airbag light is on? i think it would be a huge coincidence if the light happened to come on for any other reason than me messing it up somewhere in the dash. btw, i already searched the forum and came up with nothing. thanks for any help

·
Registered
112 Posts
The air bag module is mounted behind where you working, on the tranny tunnel. It's possible that you upset something there, but first of all what is the code it's flashing? When it's flashing, that is the code itself flashing. Count the number of flashes and post the results. We'll go from there.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery?

What's the code?

See:
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/airBag/airBag95.html

Diagnostic trouble codes, if present, will begin flashing within 30 seconds after the ignition switch has been turned to RUN. This is the amount of time it takes the air bag diagnostic monitor to perform all tests and verify system faults, if present.

o Diagnostic trouble codes are displayed as a series of flashes and pauses of the air bag indicator. Diagnostic trouble codes are two-digit numbers.

Example: A DTC 32 is displayed as follows:

flash flash flash - (two second pause) -
flash flash - (five second pause)...

flash flash flash - (two second pause) -
flash flash - (five second pause)...

Diagnostic trouble codes are prioritized numerically so that if two or more faults occur at the same time, the diagnostic trouble code with the highest priority will be displayed.

After the DTC is displayed five times, the air bag indicator will illuminate continuously until the ignition switch is cycled.

Also, see:
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/airBag/airBag95.html#CODE52

Prolog: If you get one of these stupid Code52's "most of the time" this happens when the battery is disconnected. Only mid-90's stangs throw codes when that is done.
If you got the code after you disconnected the battery, then just go straight to the Diagnostic Code Clearing Section.
End of Prolog:

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/airBag/airBag95.html#DiagCodeClearing

Diagnostic Trouble Code Clearing

Prolog: For the location and shape of the Air Bag Code Clear Connector, see:
Connector to Clear the Air Bag Codes
Location of the Air Bag Connector Close View

Thanks to "NASCAR Mike", and others, for the following additional information:
The 1994 stang is the same as the 1995 stang.
It is right under the glove box. You don't have to remove the glovebox, it can be seen right under the glovebox. It's a small grey connector, but with two pins inside.
End of Prolog.

Let me know if you have any q's.

The page was in better shape. Then, my POS web host lost my latest files (by ~6 months). After I switch web hosts, I'll xfer the new files back up. I'm sick of dealing with tophost to try ro get anything fixed.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i think im getting a code 12. it blinks once and then ~5 secs later blinks two more times about a second apart. then about ten seconds later it starts over. it says a code 12 is lost battery feed. i did disconnect the battery after the code flashed, (hoping to reset computer) but flash sequence is still the same. i am going to remove the radio again and see if i can fix a connection or something that may have been disturbed while i was back there. thanks a lot for all your help

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i fixed the code 12 it turned out being a fuse, it did not look blown but when replaced with a different one, it fixed it. now i have a code 52. on the site stangplus2birds has (thanks btw) it says: "Should the loss of battery voltage at Pin 14 be intermittent or repaired, the air bag diagnostic monitor will flash out a DTC 52 (or higher priority code if one exists) on the next ignition switch cycle." does this mean itll only happen once on the next cycle or continously on every cycle till the code is cleared? also when shorting out circuit 631, does this damage the circuit at all or will it just clear the code and be fine afterwareds?

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
You'll get a code 52 until you clear the error. Just follow what written in the link I posted.
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/airBag/airBag95.html#DiagCodeClearing
Note, WAIT for the confirmation beep.

You'll need to do that on **94/95** stangs if you disconnect, or replace the battery.

In fact, many cars, from many car makers, will do something similar. A pain if you need an OBD-II *Air Bag BI-directional reader* to clear the codes.

If you have a digital camera, I'd like a picture of the connector. Someone did posted one for me. But, I'd also like a semi-close shot. I asked for, and got, a picture of the pass side dash with the conn sticking out under the glove box.

Thanks

BTW: I may not get back to the site everyday. But, I will get back.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks again stangplus2birds, i do have a dig. camera and will take several pics if youd like, but would have to email them to you since i dont know how to host them to this site. itll prolly be thurs or friday when i get a chance to fix it, but ill also post in this thread when i take the pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts