Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a 02 GT how do I remove the air silencer and what will that do for me. Also does anyone have the stock times on 1/4 for 02 Auto and Stick.
Thanks all
Rick

·
Registered
59 Posts
pop ur hood and look over in the corner where ur airbox is. there is a screw that bols the airbox to the inner side of the engine compartment. unscrew it and the airbox will fall loose. u can then see the air silencer connected to the box. just jiggle it a little bit and it will come off because it is just a rubber piece fit over a cut out on the airbox. screw the airbox back in place and there u go. hope that is a good enough explanation and i hope i didnt miss anything. if i did im sorry.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Having messed with the airbox quite a bit and wasted a lot of time with CAIs and MAFs, my conclusion is that there is not anything to be gained there.

I would leave the OEM setup alone and go for some not too expensive things that will actually loosen up some extra HP. Like ForPointSex says, throw in a K&N or other high flow air cleaner, get pulleys and a timing adjuster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts