Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my issue.
Note position of 90* inlet pipe that has to enter fender well but goes through small section of shock tower in my 65 fastback
The powerpipe is 4” dia and I’m thinking of cutting @5” hole and welding in section of 4.5-4.75 Id. Pipe and trimming it to fit the curve transaction between fender and shock tower
Just never seen that done and wondering if it should work of any other suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
21,745 Posts
I would not cut into the shock tower

Can you not point it down?

Also where do you plan to mount the bypass?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not cut into the shock tower

Can you not point it down?

Also where do you plan to mount the bypass?
Thanks Indy!

If I point the 90* down it runs right between the shock tower and exhaust header

If I point it straight back it runs just above all the header runners and would have to go through lower section of shock tower

Only option (I see) is to go through fender.
If I kept inlet pipe 3.5” it would just go through fender
But if I use my nice Anderson power pipe with 3.5”-4” 90* then the 4” pipe itself I’ll need to trim into shock tower a bit.
I think I might fit 5” tubing to fit to allow @1/2” motor movement
Will probably use insulating to keep aluminum powerpipe from rattling on the 5” pipe.

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
they sell 180 degree 4" silicone hoses... cut it just enough to clear the area you're trying to avoid

although also in that last pic it looks like you could take some height out of the hose at the blower end which would bring it forward more

1 - 4 of 4 Posts