Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'm wondering about race gas for the track car. The motor I'm putting together will be run exclusively on race gas (believe it's 110 here in FL). I've never run Race gas before, so I'm wondering what a stoich ratio is it? Basically wondering if race gas has a different stoichiometric value?

Also, I'm going to spray this motor with a healthy shot. With the Race gas AND nitrous, what AFR numbers should I be shooting for? Would it be better to tune to lamda when using nitrous?

Sorry for so many questions - but I am also wondering if anyone running the HSW Microedge? This motor will be carbureted, so I wont have a TPS sensor to hook it to. I'm trying to figure out how to set up the nitrous controller on a carb car... and I'd like to wire the controller to shut off the n2o on a lean/rich condition off of the wideband. Any input here? I know it's a wide variety of questions, so thanks for helping where you can.

Thanks again for all your advice.
DWR

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found this info on the www. Now just gotta figure out what gas it is I'm running. Filling up at Sunoco with 110. Anyone know what I should be looking for??/

Without further adu, here is the list of stoichometric ratios I have compiled from talking to vendors, various literature on the fuels and other resources.

Pump Gas Non-ethanol: ~14.64:1
Pump Gas E10: ~14.08:1
Turbo Blue Unleaded (100 octane): 13.9:1
Turbo Blue Unleaded Plus (104 octane): 13.7:1
Turbo Blue 110: 14.7:1
Turbo Blue Advantage: 14.9:1
Turbo Blue Extreme: 15.0:1
Sunoco MO2X UL: 14.5:1
Sunoco 260 GTX: 14.4:1
Sunoco 260 GT: 13.9:1
Sunoco 260 GT Plus: 13.7:1
Sunoco Standard: 14.8:1
Sunoco MO2X: 14.5:1
Sunoco HCR Plus: 14.8:1
Sunoco MaxNOS: 14.9:1
Sunoco Supreme Leaded: 14.95:1
Sunoco Maximal Leaded: 15.01:1
VP Street Blaze 100: 14.16:1
VP C10: 14.53:1
VP 110: 15.09:1
VP C16: 14.77:1
VP C12: 15.00:1
VP C23: 14.93:1
VP C44: 12.87:1
VP MS103: 14.26:1
VP MS109: 13.41:1
VP Import: 14.15:1

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
figure out where it makes the most power on the motor a/f wise... and it will make the most power really close to that same a/f on the jug..... probably a few .x richer.

but most importantly.... READ THE PLUGS.... READ THE PLUGS...READ THE PLUGS

... Plugs are the birds eye view of EXACTLY what is happening in each cylinder.

...to read a plug (if you don't know).... you MUST use NEW PLUGS.... and DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR BACK TO YOUR PIT. Click thecar in neutral when you go accross the stripe and shut it off.... tow the car back, or at least put some used plugs in the car and change a few off the return road and then drive it back. nitrous section has some plug reading info

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My best friend tunes his entire car off plug readings... I'll have him help me out - just wanted to know where to shutoff the nitrous for a lean condition. Thanks for the tips. I'm in lust with your car, BTW.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked up a brand new Zex perimeter plate style system. It was that or the NX setup, but at another $150+ I decided the zex was for me... and I just got it today - looks pretty good!

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
What are the spec's for the motor you will be spraying? You may very well need to run a better fuel than 110 depending on your compression and how much your going to spray.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stock block, 9.1:1 compression with total seal rings (not the gapless rings). Looking to spray 250 on it. Let me know what you know Jeff... thanks for looking in.

·
Registered
519 Posts
figure out where it makes the most power on the motor a/f wise... and it will make the most power really close to that same a/f on the jug..... probably a few .x richer.

but most importantly.... READ THE PLUGS.... READ THE PLUGS...READ THE PLUGS

... Plugs are the birds eye view of EXACTLY what is happening in each cylinder.

...to read a plug (if you don't know).... you MUST use NEW PLUGS.... and DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR BACK TO YOUR PIT. Click thecar in neutral when you go accross the stripe and shut it off.... tow the car back, or at least put some used plugs in the car and change a few off the return road and then drive it back. nitrous section has some plug reading info

Whats your combo, I know it flies! :drool:

I'm sure I could get mine to run better but I'm learning as I go (1st carbed car) I have a 358 cid combo, currently using a 180 shot (only 1 stage) on my pro 2 stage plate (73N 78F) I've been using C12, 34* locked and pulling 7-8* on the jug, NGK 8's gapped at .032. I just got my carb back from Prosystems but havent installed it yet so I'm not sure if/ how much its gonna pick up N/A or on the jug. I leaned out the kit and ran a 75f jet for a couple hits a few months ago but I wasn't sure if the slight peppering was detonation (too much timing or lack of fuel) so I swapped it back to the 78. We currently have the NOS fuel pressure at 6.1 lbs on a digital flow gauge. I have local racers that think I should square up the plate but I'm not ready to take that chance lol.

I have thought about pulling a total of 10* out, running a NGK 9 from now on and making some hits to see any changes but ANY advice would be awesome. I have the NOS progressive timer on it but I come out off the T-brake at 100% on the 180 and I have no issues with tire shake at this point.

At some point I would love to throw another 100 in the 2nd stage (.8-to a second out) and go after a number but for now I want to get a handle on the small shot.

Not trying to jack the thread... figured this info could help many readers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts