Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know what other people are using for air filters on turbo setups. There are so many options out there. I want something good for Street use all while having a high cfm.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I remember seeing that thread on here "turbo destroyed". It really has me thinking about the nessesity to run a quality filter. I wonder if spectre ever made it right with him. Any input on running a K&N?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm running a K&N cone filter, I believe a 2510. I doubt the filter is much of a restriction in my case considering I'm using the stock heads and manifold on my 89.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That would be me and that would be a NO. Two months out of warranty! Precision made it right. I only paid 1150 out the door for a 7675! Said they felt bad for me................ I said thanks in the most sincere way.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I used the K & N:

On the dyno, I removed it to see if it would make anymore horsepower and there was about a 3HP difference on the one pull without the filter.

I have heard, though, that the turbo will just spool faster to make up for any filter restriction, which is obviously not a desired behavior. I believe at my boost levels (10-12lbs) its not a big deal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
AFE has about anything you need and are very high quality. Summit's website also has a very nice "filtering tool" for sizing....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts