Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys/girls i was just wondering how much you guys run in there. i just got one and not sure how much i should put in. i was thinking 8#s

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I was anywhere between 10 and 28psi over the time frame I had a bag in the rear of mine.

You'll need to play with it to see what works best for you.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Like said, just play with it and see what the car likes. I've got mine at around 24 right now, but haven't had enough launches to know how its doing. I need to get some video's of my launches to review, kind of hard to tell inside the car as it feels pretty straight and doesn't spin on motor, but still spins a bit on nitrous launches.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
yeah just depends on the car. my mustang liked 15 psi but my old malibu liked 30 psi

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i think i might start out at like 15-18 lbs

·
Registered
570 Posts
15 didn't work too good for me so I upped it to 25 with better results. The directions say don't go over 21 psi (Airlift brand, came with Eibach Drag Launch kit)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea im having problems holding in air inside of the bag, i think its coming from the opposite side of the bag where you add air into since mine didnt have one and i got it for free. but im trying to figure out where its coming from, i think it might be the nozzle to add air into cause i put it in water and a lil bubble came up about every min or so. hmmmm what to do...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice 60ft, im at 20 right now, didnt have time to take it out but i will

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I run 15-17 but have less torque than you. If the car pulls left when you launch, add air. If it pulls right, let some out. Have someone watch from the rear of the car. If it goes straight without a bag, work on engine.

Mine works great. 1.43 60' on a stock Cobra 'Vert with a 100 shot and lots of chassis work to put all of what I have to the pavement.

http://www.anythingcars.com/users/jlynch/pen0314launch.mpg

Joe Lynch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts