Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a pair of aftermarket lower controls arms for my 93 vert. that are missing bushings. I think they are Hotchkis because they are red in colour. My question is are all aftermarket lower control arm bushings the same size? Do any other manufacturers use the red Hotchkis colour? and can I replace with spherical bushings instead of polyurethane bushings?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
No, they do not all use the same bushings.

You may have MANY different sets....as there are a TON of companies who make red arms.

Post a picture of them, I may be able to assist you. I know just a little bit about some spension parts.

Also, if you do decide to go spherical, here are the best on the market:

·
Registered
695 Posts
...Also, if you do decide to go spherical, here are the best on the market:

What brand are those and how much do they cost? Are those true spherical bearings on each end?

They look like nice parts.

--Vince

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Vince, they are BMR Suspension. They are used by alot of fast cars, both the uppers and lowers. They are actually spherical bearings. That is why they are expensive. The set of uppers and lowers isn't cheap, at all. But they will be the last set you buy, and wont require any labor to fix them for years and years, no matter what your launch technique is, or power level.

OP, I think you may be right....those are probably hotckis. Measure the ID of where the bushing goes, and the width of the bushing housing.....I can see if I have some bushings that will work.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vince, they are BMR Suspension. They are used by alot of fast cars, both the uppers and lowers. They are actually spherical bearings. That is why they are expensive. The set of uppers and lowers isn't cheap, at all. But they will be the last set you buy, and wont require any labor to fix them for years and years, no matter what your launch technique is, or power level.

OP, I think you may be right....those are probably hotckis. Measure the ID of where the bushing goes, and the width of the bushing housing.....I can see if I have some bushings that will work.
Thanks. I got the measurements from hotchkis and yes they are hotchkis. I am ordering the bushings today from hotchkis. I wish I could afford those BMR ones but I can't. Again thanks for trying to help me out, it is greatly appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts