Ford Mustang Forums banner

Aftermarket hoods

7K views 36 replies 22 participants last post by  FreddieG 
#1 ·
I need a cowl hood that fits like factory. I don't want to spend any time making it fit. So my question is do they exist?

#4 ·
IF you can find a Boss Inc hood, that’s what you want. Fit and finish on my car is dead on.
Since you probably won’t find one, I hear a lot of positive reviews on Cervini’s products. As stated, you 100% get what you pay for.

#7 ·
IMO, Cervinis would be your best bet, by far, if you cannot find a Boss. they sold the business. Too bad...

#6 ·
I have a Cervini's for my '93 that is about as close to perfect as you can get. I had a 2000 Mustang that I put a Steeda hood on and it was about as close to factory fit as you could get too. Based on my own personal experience I would go with either of those.

As said above, you get what you pay for in 'glass hoods/panels. You can save a ton upfront and spent a ton fixing it later or spend upfront and spend a lot lot less getting it on the car.

#11 ·
I've had 4 Cervini Hoods. All fit near perfect.
I would strongly recommend hood pins/latches with any aftermarket fiberglass hood.

#12 ·
I have a Cervini Cobra R hood. It's very nice but it needed a bit of swimming at the hood latch mounts. With the variance in cars; the fender gaps are hard to get perfect. The truth is that most would never notice.

#16 ·
I have bought 2 hoods personally from Dave Lanman at 5.0 Fibertrends. Nothing wrong with his stuff, and look great on my black car.You are right he did manufacture the Cobra R stuff for Ford. I run one off his glass trunk lids on my coupe as well. Complete with a power lock and lighting.

#19 ·
Sounds like OP certainly has some trustworthy options then. Stick with any of the above mentioned company’s and sounds like you’ll be happy.

#26 ·
I recently installed a Cervinis 2000 Cobra R hood on my 98 and it initially fit like garbage. Required a lot of hinge adjustments and shimming of the fenders to get the alignment correct. I've owned this car since new and it's never been in an accident, so I was surprised that the fitment was that far off. We also had to trim some from the back of the hood and reseal the edge as it was hitting the cowl when opened. I'm sure I could have called Cervinis and had it sent back for another one, but I opted to just make this one work. In the end, the fit is damn near perfect, just needed some work to make it fit. If I could do it over, I would probably still go with the Cervinis hood just based on the finished underside.

Attachments

#27 ·
Thats crazy because normally Cervini's is highly regarded. I had one sent to me and immediately opened it and wasnt perfect, so I sent it back and got a Boss Inc. Not sure how it would have fit, but it was a fiasco dealing with them. i swear its all kids working there with no adults on staff.

#35 ·
I like how Boss Inc hoods have a wider cowl and are molded for maximum clearance underneath. Not sure about others brands, but I do like those features on the Boss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.