Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
not sure what "affordable" means to you.. but the best price I could find on a decent code reader w/at my local AutoZone and picked up one for $149 + tax... can't remember the brand exactly.. but it's the only brand they carry. It reads the Ford OBD-II codes.

Very easy to use.. just plugs into the receptal under the drivers side of the dash and reads and gives you the codes. They have an included book to tell you what the code numbers mean. Also clears codes f/memory vs. the old fashioned way of unplugging the battery for 30 minutes or so and losing all of your other car settings... radio, clock, etc...

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My guess on that Autozone one is the Actron III OBDII code scanner. That's what I paid for mine. It reads codes, clears codes, and allows reading of the OBDII monitors.

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
96MC, the Actron listed there is the 9035 I believe. I dont think it lists the Manufacturer Specific Codes (anything above 1000?). The new unit is the 9135, which is bright orange and does list Manufacturer Specific Codes, but no descriptions. Those can easily be found however at either Actron's website or many others...

·
Registered
570 Posts
TriBlkCobra, thanks for the information! :) It has been a while since I read those articles, and I was posting them so people could get some reading, pictures, and the website address. :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
GotPushrods? said:
149.00 isn't bad, I was expecting twice that.
Then if you have a laptop, look into an auto tap if your interested in doing datalogging etc. You can look at up to 8 parameters at a time on a "guage" screen, more in a table format. I love using mine!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts