Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Aeromotive 340LPH died tonight. We were rushing to get to the track so I could get some passes in for the first time this season. We had several things to tie up and do some highway pulls getting the tune perfect before we left. I had it set to max out @ 13.3 PSI and we kept leaning out @ 4500 RPM. Pulled over and started checking voltages and they were still solid 14v at the pump. Pulled out and it fell on it's face started puttering... Saw I was @ 20PSI then it was all done and over. Towed it home and threw the old 255LPH Walbro in and she's back up and going??!! 1,570 miles and my $170 pump is dead.

·
Registered
294 Posts
How big is your wiring going to the pump? Is it the stock fuel pump harness?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the pump wire is new. Using a 30a boost a pump to keep a solid 14v right at the pump. The pump is rated @ 340LPH at 13.5 volts. Before I picked up the aeromotive unit I did some reading about it and did see a few people had bad units right off.... I guess add me to the list.... I am going to call them and see if they will warranty it.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
we went through this as well... ended up with the 255lph gss342s back in it

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know i'm not the only one in the boat... Good news : I got a RGA from them and may get a replacement.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
What about the 340lph from Muscle motors?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or twin Walbro 255's no worries and redundant! might save me a tow :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have had 255 Walbros in both cars with no problems. One is on 4 years and the one back in my tank limping me is on 3 years now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They where probably chinese knock off Walbros - Waaaahbro

·
Registered
298 Posts
Add me to the list of Aeromotive pumps that have passed away. Was going to work one morning and started the car to warm it up. It has a Fore Triple with 3 340s in it. I have the FAST running 1 on at all times and the other 2 come in at ~ 4psi. Well, the car died....had to go to work and checked everything when I got back to the house. Turns out all my electrical conns were good, no fuses blown, gnd'd out each relay one at a time and the primary pump didnt make a sound....the other 2 still work though.....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That sucks, now you will probably start wondering about the other two now... I decided to go another route with mine. The Aeromotive won't be back in my car.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
are all these 340 pumps the same just different sellers/rebadgers ? like granatelli is now selling 340 units??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts