Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, welcome

We all know about venting the tops of the fenders to release pressure build up/decrease front end lift. So i had another great idea (for now) instead of buying awesome vents and cutting and installing them, would taking a 3.5 inch router bit and drilling two or three holes over the tyre be a simple way to vent all the air up away from the wheels? And later on when and if i buy vents i can just cut a rectangle in and the holes will be a thing of the past.

Am im lost? Is this real life?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Gents, welcome

We all know about venting the tops of the fenders to release pressure build up/decrease front end lift. So i had another great idea (for now) instead of buying awesome vents and cutting and installing them, would taking a 3.5 inch router bit and drilling two or three holes over the tyre be a simple way to vent all the air up away from the wheels? And later on when and if i buy vents i can just cut a rectangle in and the holes will be a thing of the past.

Am im lost? Is this real life?
you must be cuttin some wicked track times to need to vent your fenders to squeeze the last 1/16th of a second out of it :wink2:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Lowes Racing sells fender louvers, they're in the HVAC section....but you'll get a much better result from venting the hood (if you haven't already).

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lowes Racing sells fender louvers, they're in the HVAC section....but you'll get a much better result from venting the hood (if you haven't already).
hood is already done, so would drill holes not do the same thing as a vent for now?

·
Registered
564 Posts
hood is already done, so would drill holes not do the same thing as a vent for now?
If you can create a little bit of a lip in front of the opening to help direct air up and away that will help. You don't want air going back into the wheel well, but I can't see why some appropriately sized holes won't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts