Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, So I was considering the AEM water/methanol kit with their failsafe system gauge. My question is, does their failsafe system require the use of their EMS or other electronics to work? Or can it be wired to other EMS or failsafe products, like blow-off valves, etc. Thanks in advance. Steve

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I believe you have a bunch of options. You can wire to EMS to pull timing or switch maps if you have something that robust, wire into an ignition to drop timing, or patch in a solenoid to drop boost out of the bypass valve. Or wire into another failsafe device of your liking to be triggered.
I did the Snow failsafe which is a little less robust than the AEM functionality, but I wanted a flow unit instead of electrical based. but I wired in a solenoid and when the 12v trigger is hit, it will trigger the solenoid to pop open the bypass valve

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys, thanks for the replies. I'm currently running an older SDS EM-3 system. I don't believe I have any inputs that will tie into the timing maps, only a single low voltage input to turn on/off closed loop 14.7 fuel map. I was hoping to tie into the blower by-pass valve.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Appreciate the help. Steve

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts