• Port heads

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In about a month or so I am going to do one or the other. I absolutely HATE this POS T45. The only positive thing is that is hasn't broken yet. I am trying!!! I have driven a 01 with the 3650 and there is a WORLD of difference. I mean night and day. Smooth as silk compared to this clunky POS. I have a buddy who can get one real cheap and will put it in. I figure around a $1000 for everything. Or I can get the heads ported for around $600, another $500 or so for the labor to swap em, then I am gonna need a cam re-grind which I believe is around $250??, then 24 lb inj. and re-tune. So probably around $1500 for 30 or so rwhp. What do you guys think I should do? :confused:

·
Registered
141 Posts
port the heads and do a valve job. Do cams too if you have the money.

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Or I can get the heads ported for around $600, another $500 or so for the labor to swap em, then I am gonna need a cam re-grind which I believe is around $250??, then 24 lb inj. and re-tune. So probably around $1500 for 30 or so rwhp.

Ok......let's see. First: $600 is too high. I can do them for $400 and a competition 3 angle valve job for another $150. Save you $50 and you get a valve job. :D

Second: Crane regrinds need the lash caps so your cost is actually closer to $300.

Third: Why do you need 24# injectors for a cam swap and head porting? I can understand wanting a dyno tune to take advantage of the power but not the injectors.

Fourth: If you don't get more than 30 rwhp from your porting and cams then you've been had. Hope you get kissed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
What do you need besides the T-56 to do the swap? Was considering swapping out my T-45 in my 97 GT for the T-56, but wasn't sure how involved it was.

Lon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts