Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a single turbo setup with a 3.5" downpipe snaking all the way to the rear axle. I want to get it out from under the car and I'm thinking about running a dual setup for the sheer ease of over-axle. My thought is to use an aftermarket catback and cut an h-pipe in half and use the back half (with the "H" still attached 1: to keep the alignment of the individual tubes correct and B: to maintain the ball/socket connections). Then just vband a ypipe flange to the 3.5" dp as it comes under the car and split it and send it in the stock locations down to the h-pipe. The car is lowered and I thought about just running the 3.5" all the way back...but it seems kinda ghetto to me, plus I think the duals will quiet it down a bit for the sleeper appeal.
Any other suggestions? Maybe an easier way to do it?
Thanks,
Jesse

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've got a B&G Kit coming and am having a little trouble finding a prefabricated Ypipe that goes from 3-1/2 to (2) 2-1/2...anyone know of one? This will determine whether I go this route or the single 3-1/2 all the way back with some sort of 3-1/2 straight-thru muffler....

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you are gonna keep the single 3.5" single, check out the dynomax ultra-flo welded in the 3.5", not loud at all. If you are gonna go dual and do 3" check out the borla pro-xs mufflers. I have a twin turbo kit (dual exhaust) and had the borla pro xs installed on the car and it is almost too quiet.

Anthony

·
Registered
752 Posts
when i kept the tail pipes on my 93, i just took the bassani x pipe i was using before... and just cut off the driver's side pipe where it split at the X, and blocked it off. i also cut off the passensger side pipe and then the 3.5 down pipe to that location, just had to make the pipe into an oval shape to mate it up to the original "X", which would now be a Y

1 - 8 of 8 Posts