Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have not started to put this car together yet but I will be soon. Just wondering what some thoughts are on how it will be driving on the street. The intention was to build a fast fun street car that could handle well. The car is a vert with through the floor sfc and mm full length sfc. It has the full maximum motorsports package. I got it cheap and it was never used so I put it on the car. Has the extreme lower control arms, HD torque arm, K member, etc. This maybe a long winded post lol.

Now onto the drivetrain:

-dart 347 big bore
-tfs r heads
-tfs r box intake
-mild custom turbo cam
-6 speed magnum trans
-twin disk clutch
-Custom 76mm turbo from work turbochargers. Borg warner 76mm with some changes to make it spool quicker.
-A2A intercooler from chiseled good for 1300hp and way overkill. Wasn't what I thought I was getting but thats a differnt story. Kinda more weight then I would like to put on the front of the car at 35-40lbs.
-holley hp efi
-bbrc fuel system
- built rear end with 3.55 gears

So my question is pretty much what do you think of this combination knowing that this is a 99% street driven car? Probly only run 10-12 psi boost on pump gas. How do you think it will behave on the street? My only plan when I started this build was to build a badass street car and I think it got out of hand lol. I realize this engine has 1000hp+ potential but it will never see it in this car. Expected hp at 10-12 psi? I was kinda thinking 700hp ish. Probly more then I need lol. Just looking for input.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
You built my dream car :) you said custom MILD cam, so if the tune is good. It will drive like a stock mustang, and handle like a race car :) 700hp will be no problem with that combo, and it will last a long time.
You should do a build thread! I would love to se pics.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Don't forget the extra 100 pounds you added with the Dart block, lol. It is worth it though.

I would also suggest you use the rails from Glenn's Performance. The drivers side rail has a 45 degree welded on the end of it to clear the distributor. They fit with no clearance issues on my car.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have BBRC fuel rails. Just looking for info on what this combination is going to be like. I have been contemplating the coyote swap but the more I look into it the less I want to do it. As far as right now I still ordering parts to finish up my 347.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Should be a killer!! Slowly doing a Dart 331 for my coupe as well. Vic Jr. Heads, custom cam, 76mm ceramic BB.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
the Box R intake is going to hurt you honestly...they really don't start working until the higher RPMs..

I'd switch it up to a regular R intake

but at 10-12 psi, I don't think you'll be at 700RW...more like 14-16 psi...if you can keep it on pump gas....

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
so the chiseled intercooler is around 40lbs? I am wanting that intercooler but I think it may be overkill as well. after seeing a guy make a ton of HP with a 3 1/2 inch core, I think the chiseled/garrett 5.1 inch core is a bit much. If I add that intercooler ill be tipping 100lbs just in turbo and intercooler...crazy but is it worth it?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The r box intake does have a 1" spacer too. Maybe that will help? I guess I'll see how it works before I change it since that is what I have. Yes the 5.1" garrett core chisel intercooler is between 35-40 lbs. Not sure how that compares to other intercoolers though. I have considered not using it and maybe going with the 1000hp ebay type intercooler. I'm sure it would work with my intentions and saving this intercooler for my next project which will make more use of it. Would be easier to fit in front of my car too. I was thinking 700 hp at the crank. Either way it will be more then enough for now.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Can someone please go into more detail about the intake concern. I am building a 408 with two GT3583r turbos and tfs r boxed intake. Was going to use 170cc heads but am most likely going to run 205cc ones.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ok so I have not started to put this car together yet but I will be soon. Just wondering what some thoughts are on how it will be driving on the street. The intention was to build a fast fun street car that could handle well. The car is a vert with through the floor sfc and mm full length sfc. It has the full maximum motorsports package. I got it cheap and it was never used so I put it on the car. Has the extreme lower control arms, HD torque arm, K member, etc. This maybe a long winded post lol.

Now onto the drivetrain:

-dart 347 big bore
-tfs r heads
-tfs r box intake
-mild custom turbo cam
-6 speed magnum trans
-twin disk clutch
-Custom 76mm turbo from work turbochargers. Borg warner 76mm with some changes to make it spool quicker.
-A2A intercooler from chiseled good for 1300hp and way overkill. Wasn't what I thought I was getting but thats a differnt story. Kinda more weight then I would like to put on the front of the car at 35-40lbs.
-holley hp efi
-bbrc fuel system
- built rear end with 3.55 gears

So my question is pretty much what do you think of this combination knowing that this is a 99% street driven car? Probly only run 10-12 psi boost on pump gas. How do you think it will behave on the street? My only plan when I started this build was to build a badass street car and I think it got out of hand lol. I realize this engine has 1000hp+ potential but it will never see it in this car. Expected hp at 10-12 psi? I was kinda thinking 700hp ish. Probly more then I need lol. Just looking for input.
I have a very similar combo that will be going going to the dyno in about a month. I'm running auto / meth around 15 psi

·
Registered
314 Posts
Can someone please go into more detail about the intake concern. I am building a 408 with two GT3583r turbos and tfs r boxed intake. Was going to use 170cc heads but am most likely going to run 205cc ones.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
With your added cubes and twins, you may welcome a little less low RPM torque on the street.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts