Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a question. I have read conflicting articles and want some input. I purchased the V3 SCI kit and am beginning the install. Should I install the included FMU that comes with the unit? I will be adding 47lb injectors and do plan to get it tuned. If I should add should I purchase the FMU adapter kit that will adjust the fuel ratio? All Input is great Thank you.

·
Registered
617 Posts
If your injectors are large enough ( 47# injectors will support a good amount of power but you didn't say how much you plan to make or what your combo is) and you are getting a tune you don't need an FMU.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trying to make 400 or more if possible
93 with gt40 aluminum heads and rockers cam exhaust 255lph fuel pump. adding a V3 SCI but changing discharge tube to adapt a by pass for more psi and adding 47lb injectors with MAF to match. Yes am planning the tune once all complete.

·
Registered
218 Posts
trying to make 400 or more if possible
93 with gt40 aluminum heads and rockers cam exhaust 255lph fuel pump. adding a V3 SCI but changing discharge tube to adapt a by pass for more psi and adding 47lb injectors with MAF to match. Yes am planning the tune once all complete.
As others have said, with your list of parts and the fact that you'll be getting a tune you do NOT need a FMU. 400rwhp should be easy with your combo with only 8-10psi.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Good fuel system, 60lb injectors, 100% ditch that bandaid FMU, 12-14lbs boost you’ll be close to 450-500rwhp. A correct tune and adequate fuel will negate the need for a FMU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts