Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the beginning stages of looking to add a supercharger to my 1995 cobra. The car is currently stock except for offroad xpipe and catback. I did change the fuel pump to replace a noisy stock pump with a 190lph unit. More than likely will go with a vortech tuner kit.

I am looking for suggestions on what injector and maf combo to run. Also, will the 190lph be enough? I would like to be in the 375-400rwhp range when all said and done. This is a weekend cruiser.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
yep the 190 pump is fine

go to your local u pull it yard and snatch a slot style maf sensor and its pigtail connector from any 2005-2010 ford vehicle. You can usually get them for a few bucks so might as well snatch two to have a spare.

You can toss that in a 4" pipe and your maf is done.

Any 42lb or larger injectors will be fine.

Details

http://www.efidynotuning.com/pre.htm

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep the 190 pump is fine

go to your local u pull it yard and snatch a slot style maf sensor and its pigtail connector from any 2005-2010 ford vehicle. You can usually get them for a few bucks so might as well snatch two to have a spare.

You can toss that in a 4" pipe and your maf is done.

Any 42lb or larger injectors will be fine.

Details

Pre Tune Information / EFIDynoTuning
Thanks for the link, great information! I've been away from the mustang game for awhile, is running a Lightning MAF and 42s an easy setup still? I'll have to find a local tuner for the tune i'd imagine. (nevermind, as i was digging through your site i see remote tuning is an option, great!)

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
I have the LMAF and 42# injectors on my '95, and they work fine, though they are now considered "old school" by many. The slot MAF is said to be better choice today. I agree that for your goals the 190 lph pump is sufficient, and injectors 42# or larger will be fine. Some say today's 60# units are the ticket. I suggest you find a competent local tuner, however. If you can account for *all* variables, mail-order tunes can (and often do) work, but there's no substitute for live-data tweaking and adjustments.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the LMAF and 42# injectors on my '95, and they work fine, though they are now considered "old school" by many. The slot MAF is said to be better choice today. I agree that for your goals the 190 lph pump is sufficient, and injectors 42# or larger will be fine. Some say today's 60# units are the ticket. I suggest you find a competent local tuner, however. If you can account for *all* variables, mail-order tunes can (and often do) work, but there's no substitute for live-data tweaking and adjustments.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
nothing wrong with the 90mm ford maf or the older ford 42s they all still work just as well as they did 20 years ago

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Agreed. My combo has been fine except for an occasional "first start" issue that almost has to be tune related. (Occasional hard-starting after setting for a few days.)

I've seen it said that the slot MAF's are easier to work with, and today's 60# injectors have a better spray pattern. Is that just an example of "They say that...," or is there some truth to it?

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
I've seen it said that the slot MAF's are easier to work with, and today's 60# injectors have a better spray pattern. Is that just an example of "They say that...," or is there some truth to it?..
No difference in electronics between the slot and tonsil style MAF meters. The only difference is the packaging and there is no truth that the slot works better (the friggin internet).

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
No difference in electronics between the slot and tonsil style MAF meters. The only difference is the packaging and there is no truth that the slot works better (the friggin internet).
From Chris Richards (fast forward to the 5 minute mark)
“The only thing you’re accomplishing by installing a slot-style sensor in a car that didn’t originally have one is making the wiring a pain.”
:lol:

Good stuff, Michael. :salute:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts