Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some input on average act readings on a vortech fox. My act is in the factory location and is a brass sensor.

I am seeing 150-164 while crusing and dropping while under boost. This is in ambient 90 degree temps. Setup is a v2 with 2.95 upper and 6.87 lower through a vortech aftercooler.

Are these normal temps? I am looking into switching to a plastic act sensor instead of the brass once because of heatsoak in the lower manifold. Tuner does not think there will be any advantage to moving the sensor anywhere else.

Whats the word here?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'd say temps are normal, but I dont have an after cooler I'm using meth injection. I see anywhere between 150-170 ACTs cruising, low 130s in boost. Set up is a vortech v3 strim, 6.87 lower, 3.33 upper, 306, and H/C/I .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say temps are normal, but I dont have an after cooler I'm using meth injection. I see anywhere between 150-170 ACTs cruising, low 130s in boost. Set up is a vortech v3 strim, 6.87 lower, 3.33 upper, 306, and H/C/I .
What is your ambient temps during those pulls?

Im running a little more impeller speed and I doubt the a2w would cool as much as meth injection.

I think im still gonna try the plastic body ACT sensor.

·
Formerly known as 89 steeda
734 Posts
Wow id say your doing fine.

On my V2 no intercooler, ACT in stock location and only 10psi I see 150-160 on e-way and at track its 180+ after the burnout and over 200 at the finish. Even on the street my temp climbs under hard pulls.

What ecm you guys using? My Microsquirt uses MAT timing correction and at 180 it pulls 1* of timing and at 200 it pulls another 2*

My buddy has a Procharger on his with a front mount and his never goes over 140*

This all with current temps of 80-90 outside this past couple weeks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried the platic act with very little benefit. Similar act readings with similar ambient temps. The external temp of the manifold reads nearly identical to the act reading, so I think the airflow inside the manifold is just not fast enough to overcome the heatsoak from the lower manifold.

I am seeing act drop from 165 (90+ ambient) to 134 at WOT when doing a longer pull, and it will creep up to 138 at 6k rpm. This tells me the air speed is actually fast enough to overcome that heatsoak.

I did swap out the antifreeze mix in the intercooler system for straight water and saw a decrease from 148 act to 134 under similar conditions.

I could move the act to the intake tract, however I think it is recording actual data and should do its job (pull timing under high heat conditions) well. This is the hottest part of the year and I think 134 act with 51k rpm blower speeds in 95+ heat is acceptable. I cant wait for colder weather!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts