Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an Accufab oval throttle body in place of an SVO single blade this weekend. Nice Piece!

I set the TPS to .98v and reset the EEC (the battery was disconnected overnight as I also installed a new Fidnaza flywheel and Spec Stage II clutch over the weekend :). I set the mechanical idle as low as it would go.

Now the issues:

Idles at 800+ rpm.
When decelerating, throttle closed, the idle hunts between 1000 and 1500 RPM.

Do I just need to wait for the EEC to figure out what's going on? I seem to remember similar issues with the SVO, but that was quite a while ago.

It also seems like the pedal travel has decreased, did anyone else notice this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
When I stalled mine, I had no idle problems at all. It came right back down to 750 rpm with the TPS set at .99. I didn't notice any increase in pedal travel, but I did think that the pedal effort was reduced over the stock TB.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
d90212 said:
after you resetted the computer....did you allow it to idle a minute or more without a load ? a lot of pple forget and leave the a/c on messing up the idle
It's been a little cool here for A/C, but thanks for the response.

·
Registered
16 Posts
New to the EEC stuff . How do you reset the EEC?Installed some intake mods and em experiencing idle problems.

Mods are
1 bbk 65 mm TB
2 cold air
3 C&L 80mm

first i installed the TB and cold air. idle would jump between 2000 and 1000 RPM's.
Then i installed the C&L MAF then a lopping idle started between 1500 and 800 RPM's but it comes and goes . Was told by C&L it was because of the striaght air shot the cold air induction gives that the air is bouncing of the TB giving the MAF a bad signal.

98 cobra Tom

·
Registered
394 Posts
i know the throttle bodies from ford usually have lock tite on the adjustment screw so you dont adjust them....if your still getting high idle after warming up....maybe back off the idle ajdjustment screw if you have one...

heres an idea...maybe set the mechanical adjustment screw half way....reset the computer....relearn idle strategy....and adjust idle from there through the mechanical adjustment

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hey DLF,
I've got a similar problem. When I push in the clutch to stop, idle will jump to 1800-2000 RPM for 10-15 seconds, then eventually drop to 850-950. I'm using a stock T/B. Problem started after installing my Pro-M MAF. It is calibrated to my injectors. If you find a solution, let us know
Tom

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ROADWARRIORSVT said:
Hey DLF,
I've got a similar problem. When I push in the clutch to stop, idle will jump to 1800-2000 RPM for 10-15 seconds, then eventually drop to 850-950. I'm using a stock T/B. Problem started after installing my Pro-M MAF. It is calibrated to my injectors. If you find a solution, let us know
Tom
Well, I've had my Pro-M on for three years, and the only change I made over the weekend was the throttle body.

So far, no answers.

John, Are you listening?

·
Registered
98 Posts
It looks as if you have done the install correctly. Sometines the computer takes a while to relearn what's going on. As far as the primary idle adjustment, it it set at assembly and usually should not be touched exceot for high end cars. Disconnect the throttle cable and return spring and check for binding. If that is all ok then reassemble and check for binding while the engine is not running. Make sure that there isn't something keeping the pedal from returning to the proper location. If this doesn't work, call me and we'll try a couple other tricks. Don't overlook the simple stuff.

John

909-930-1751

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John, Thanks for the reply. I'll probably have to call, as I'm fresh out of ideas......

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I've made a little progress. I've been able to get the car to idle around 750. I'm using an EEC-Tuner, and added 3 degrees globally to the timing. As it seems the EEC uses retarded timing to control the idle, it wasn't able to retard the timing enough to lower the idle. I've set the global spark add back to zero, and added spark via the tables.

I still have the idle hunt during acceleration however, so I'm open to suggestions.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts