Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about building a plenum that uses the AC system as a interpret are there any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I am thinking about building a plenum that uses the AC system as a interpret are there any thoughts?
What is an "interpret"?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I think he means to put an evaporator inside a plenum, which the inlet air goes through. I wouldn't do that, not due to the freon there, but the wild temperature changes created by the AC running that way.

I have though thought of how to use an evaporator usefully for a blower. If you built a coolant box big enough to house an evaporator, then the AC could be used to keep the intercooler coolant cold. That would also vary the coolant temps also, but how much, and would the system reduce IAT's enough to be worth it.

·
Registered
21,767 Posts
you are not going to be able to use a DX system continuously

that demon, as far as i can see is to chill a res of water for 1 ONE, drag run

it has a air to liq xchanger

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So make a air to water to put between the blower and the lower manifold would work better?
I am just trying to cool my KB blower AIT because it is super warm if in traffic.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
This picture I saved from an old Corral thread is a good way to do an A2W intercooler for the KB. This person fabricated the plenums to and from the blower, and the IC is inside the plenum above the lower intake. I'm aiming to do that also, for my SUV, eventually. I like the idea also, because it does away with the restrictive GT40 lower. I've got a TFS R lower to build onto.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,767 Posts
So make a air to water to put between the blower and the lower manifold would work better?
I am just trying to cool my KB blower AIT because it is super warm if in traffic.
why would you care about that in traffic....you are not racing around in traffic.

and yes there are air to water that have been done......

·
Registered
21,767 Posts
This picture I saved from an old Corral thread is a good way to do an A2W intercooler for the KB. This person fabricated the plenums to and from the blower, and the IC is inside the plenum above the lower intake. I'm aiming to do that also, for my SUV, eventually. I like the idea also, because it does away with the restrictive GT40 lower. I've got a TFS R lower to build onto.
there is a sn saleen with one here.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
there is a sn saleen with one here.
Yeah, the 1100hp 358, sweet car. I watched him put that together, same concept but he was after more boost and higher end fuel, parts etc. I'll be pleased with 500hp. Oh, that reminds me, he had some GT wheels he was going to look for.

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
Yeah, the 1100hp 358, sweet car. I watched him put that together, same concept but he was after more boost and higher end fuel, parts etc. I'll be pleased with 500hp. Oh, that reminds me, he had some GT wheels he was going to look for.
:smile2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts