Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year before i put my 94 GT away the abs light was coming on, i forgot about it until this spring when i took my car out again. There seems to be a slight "wobbling" of the front end, more noticable at freeway speeds. maybe the front rotors are getting warped? my car probly needs a brake job, but i was wondering what would cause the abs light to come on? could bad rotors and/or pads cause it? i hope its nothing major, just curious if you guys had any experience, or ideas before i go checking it out in depth. thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
my ABS light had been on for quite a while, but i just got used to ignoring it. i later found out that swapping tire sizes can disable the ABS, which sucks. i don't rely on ABS, so i haven't had the problem fixed. i do, however, plan to go back to 225/55's next time. (right now i'm on 225/50ZR16's)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would taller tires do it? i recently bought rims with 255/45/17 instead of the stock 245/45/17 tires, and have been using those until i can afford to swap my better tires on my new rims. they are stock size 245/45/17 in front and 275/40/17 in back, which are really close to the same overall height as stock.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
For the stang ABS, all FOUR tires must have the SAME diameter +/- 5%. Other than that, the ABS does not care about the diameter or the width of the tires.

Do an error code readout. Just need a paper clip or some wire. See my diag pages.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those pages are awesome, very good info there. ill have to check my abs codes when i get a chance. its weird the light comes on every once in awhile now. not on all the time. i did however find out that the abs seems to be working properly, since while i was at work this morning, it snowed 3+ inches. and on the way home it was working, it seems i took my car out a little too early, wasnt expecting it to snow anymore this year. boy did that drive home suck.... those kuhmo tires dont have much snow traction :eek:

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Sorry to hear about teh snow. :( Here, in New England, we also sometimes get late season snow storms.

Glad you found the pages useful.

When you find the problem and if you have any questions, then post in this thread again. Or, you can send me a PM, if I miss the post. I catch the posts more in the 94/95 section - less post per day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts