Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am one of those guys in his 40's who was in HS when these cars ruled the streets. As with all of us, life gets in the way and so here I am 25 years later looking to buy what I could not afford back then.

Problem is I have not really been following the values on these cars so it is very hard for me to put my finger on a fair value. I dont mind paying a fair price, I just dont want to get screwed due to a lack of knowledge. First time posting and I hope you guys can help me out.

The car I am looking at is a dark blue 92. It is an original 5.0 5 speed coupe with 72K miles. Paint on the car is original and all the stickers are there. Quality is of the paint is fantastic. The only flaws I saw were small rock chips from regular use. All moldings and 1/4 window rubber is perfect. Interior is gray tweed. Also in very nice shape. No real wear that I noticed. Bolsters are not worn and seats feel firm. The car is not stock, it has aluminum heads, intake, cam and all the standard supporting mods. Full exhaust with long tubes, X pipe and cat back. 4:11 gears, aluminum driveshaft, control arms...etc. To be short...all your standard 5.0 mods are there. Engine is very clean and so is the underside. I would not hesitate to take this car to a show as it sits. Runs and drives very well and is FAST. It was ordered back in 92 with no A/C which is a bummer, but it does have power windows and doors. Found it for sale here in FL when I saw it at a local car show. $13000 is what it takes to buy it. I am not car stupid, so I can tell you it is a very nice car. I am just value stupid. Please let me know your thoughts. Dont be afraid to say I am paying too much if you really feel that way. I know sometimes the view is 'if you love it, its not too much'. But at the end of the day...there is such a thing as too much!!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
All kinds of want to buy ads for coupes like this, guys are looking to spend 7-8k. On the other side of the fence the sellers(myself included) think a rust/accident free original paint coupe is worth 10k+ all day long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts