Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they worth any HP. And if they are what size would work best in a slightly modded 01 GT? So far I just have the basic bolt ons CAI, timing adjuster, pully's, off road x pipe, flows and 3.73's. Should I spend money on a TB or get something else. Thanks for your help.:)

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
When you have all the mods that are offered then yes.On mine before my tune and longtubes the tbody hurt me.I say get longtubes before a tbody.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The latest MM&FF did a test where they threw on a throttle boddy(not sure what size) with light mods such as a pullies, t/a, and a new mass air meter. They gained like 2 rwhp and 3 lbs. It isn't worth it unless you are really flowing a ton of air like from a sc. I have also heard people had losses with a t/b on a stock car. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
MasonGT said:
They gained like 2 rwhp and 3 lbs. It isn't worth it unless you are really flowing a ton of air like from a sc. I have also heard people had losses with a t/b on a stock car.
Typically these numbers are peak hp/tq gains. Where the larger t/b helps is over the whole torque curve. It's the same story with the Bullitt intakes. GT--260 bhp, Bullitt--265bhp. The peak gains are minimal at best, but the overall gains are good for the street. I have a much flatter torque curve with my 70mm t/b.
Just my .02:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts