Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into supercharging my recent purchase with a self contained v3 for ease of install. However the car will be 100% street driven, and therefore I would like to cool the charge. I know Vortech has an aftercoolwr setup but its $$$$$. I have seen some a2w coolers on frozenboost.com that show some promise, but I dont know if they will fit properly? Does anyone have a street friendly a2w setup inline of the discharge tube like the vortech aftercooler?

Ive also seen the a2a cxracing intercooler setup, but the bends and turns will definitely complicate install and limit aiflow significantly. Anyone have "positive" experience with this kit?

My last option is methanol injection. I have "some" experience with this but not to the extent I would have to have for a safe street driven car. Looking into a snow kit with progressive controller and a low flow failure switch tied to msd ignition and/or bypass valve for safety. Downside of this is the constant refilling on a street car, which adds to the $$.

Whats my best option here? Or just try to find a procharger intercooled setup? Havent seen much positive on them in my experience with coyote cars and now foxes either.

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Ive also seen the a2a cxracing intercooler setup, but the bends and turns will definitely complicate install and limit aiflow significantly.

!
Not really. In a street car set up, I doubt that you would see any decrease in performance.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Plavidal has an A2W cooler in his front passenger fender. It looks good and is hidden. It would depend on where your discharge outlet is facing on the vortech. He has a thread in the "turbo" section if you want to go look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Water meth injection is nice.
I like the AEM kit with flow meter and fail safe.
I run a 3.5 gal. tank and fill it with windshield washer fluid. Not very expensive for an occasional street car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone used the a2w intercoolers from Frozen boost with any success? It would be nice/ideal to get one to fit between the discharge and TB similar to how the Vortech aftercooler works. Just dont know how truly efficient they are.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see how those can be beneficial, especially in that case of the turbo setup. I'm looking to find one that is in place of the vortech discharge tube, similar to their "aftercooler" setup.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I looked for a long time to try and find something like vortech's setup but couldn't find anything so I just finally bit the bullet and bought there kit for my Foxbody body but dam they are not cheap!!! Everything in the kit is made with great quality, if I were u I would find a used setup that's still in great shape for way less $$$ and slap it on there.

20170325_132457.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts