Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys just got my A1000 and carb. I am ready for my turbo build to start. How is everyone running there fuel lines and such. I'm gonna have a sumped tank -10 outlet and a -8 return. How's everyone getting power back there? First time doing a pump like this I just need some ideas to help me along. Greatly appreciated!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Hey guys just got my A1000 and carb. I am ready for my turbo build to start. How is everyone running there fuel lines and such. I'm gonna have a sumped tank -10 outlet and a return up top. How's everyone getting power back there? First time doing a pump like this I just need some ideas to help me along. Greatly appreciated!!

How do you plan to "switch" the pump on? If a manual switch after key on in run position: power a relay that will send 12v straight to the pump. For the A1000 and a 15-20' run of wire, I would use a 12ga at the minimum but a 10ga just to be safe. Make sure you use a good ground location in relation to the battery's location and how it is grounded.

Racetronix sells just that exact kit you need all loomed up and ready to install if you are not sure on tackling such a wiring task.
Racetronix - FPWH-009 - Universal Relay Power Harness

If you still want to use the inertia switch for extra protection (I would) run your power through it by re-pinning the factory plug.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! Thank you! I am terrible when it comes to wiring. I have gauges to do too which will be more of a pain but hey that's why we do this stuff! Anyway thanks. I think I might relocate battery to the back I'm not sure yet I just want clean stuff

·
Registered
864 Posts
I run an aeromotive pro pump running off a $5 autozone relay. The trigger for the relay comes from the stock harness that used to turn the stock pump on. I have a rear mount battery running 10g wire straight off the battery to the relay then to the pump. 10g wire from the pump to the negative battery terminal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts