Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fab guy is at a standstill until I tell him how I want this. 2 Options

Charge exits parallel to the top and then curves down

He'd use 2.5 inch pipe to make a lazy 90, and then head straight down where it would flare out to 4" for the Intercooler. Kind of like this.

And then transition into this.

Option 2 is to fire the exit down and then transition to the 4" IC piping. He's a little concerned with having the charge pipe run right next to the hot crossover. I will be having the hotside ceramic coated inside/out. You think the charge temps will be that affected by running within 2 inches of a hotside part for 2.5 inches? I just thing it would look cleaner firing down.

Any help is appreciated. Also need to gigure out how to fo from 2.5 inch to 4 inch on the turbo outlet.

Thanks for any help gang. The 4 valvle turbo Lightning from hell will hopefully roll soon.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
IMHO, the extra bend will be more detrimental than being 2.5" away from the hotside. If your super concerned about it, fab up a heat shield or throw some header wrap on it and call it good.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i think if you heat wrap either the i.c pipe or the hot side pipe you should be fine .... my question is that a plastic valve cover??.. and how close is that to the hot side pipe it looks from the pic that it is real close......as for your i.c piping i would run it down instead of making that crazy 270 degree bend the more bends you make the worse.....but from the looks of the pics it looks great

·
Registered
108 Posts
i have a quick question for you ..what size turbo is that?

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
The close distance will not matter. My turbo discharge is about 2" off the crossover pipe and the air temps are ice cold.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to clock it down. Entire hotside will be ceramic coated. Turbo is Turbonetics T-76, Ceramic Ball Bearing, Q trim with a .96 A/R. The valve covers are metal. I painted them with 1500 degree ceramic paint. It's a built Navi 4V for my Lightning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts