Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, on the boost gage I have the choice of 30/15 or 30/30.....which is the better choice?

Second, related to EGT, since there is a right and left exhaust I assume there would be a right and left probe, lending to the need of a right and left gage. Since the gages I have selected don't give the option for a right and left reading, and I don't want to run two gages, I am thinking about not running an EGT gage at all. Is this a viable choice??

Also, since I AM RUNNING A TWIN TURBO SET UP do I need two boost gages??

Thanks, EARL

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
You just need one boost gauge. Install the gauge feed in the inlet pipe to the throttle body. As far as the EGT gauge goes. Most of us don't run one.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
If you plan to run more then 15 psi get the 30/30 gauge. Its what I have on my car.

No EGT here either. I would rather have a wideband air/fuel the a EGT anyway. I have seen some cars with them. You can run 1 on eiter side, 1 on each side or 1 in each cyl, it just depends on how far into it you want to get.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Curious as to how the boost guage is installed? My guess is run a vac line from guage to boost source?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Where to tap boost vac line? I got my autometer boost gauge in, where is the best place to measure boost?

Also, gauge has vac reference. I have seen these on all boost gauges and not 100% sure what this represents? If I have a vac leak will this be obvious on my gauge?

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
you can go to the vacuum tree or directly off the manifold

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Where to tap boost vac line? I got my autometer boost gauge in, where is the best place to measure boost?

Also, gauge has vac reference. I have seen these on all boost gauges and not 100% sure what this represents? If I have a vac leak will this be obvious on my gauge?

IMO the best place to tap into boost is as close to the throttle body as possible. Just MY opinion. I know lots of guys who use the vacuum tree or another open port on the intake. I just think as close to the T/B as possible reads closer to the amount of boost your putting "into" the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts