Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the easiest way to bypass (removal?) the A/C compressor and smog pump on my 93. I've had experience removing the smog pump and using a shorter belt, but don't have experience removing both the smog pump and A/C compressor. Is it possible to use a smaller belt with the removal of both parts or do I need replacement pieces that will take the place of the pump and compressor?

·
Registered
812 Posts
I know a lot of people will take a piece of string and route it the way it has to go to bypass teh smog and a/c and then get that length belt and one larger and one smaller ot see what fits best. You can buy the a/c delete kits, but you still have a pulley there I think just not the accessory. March sells one, not sure about a smog kit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Notchstang92,

Have the people you know removed both the smog pump and A/C compressor and just run a shorter belt without those pieces in place?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
812 Posts
They bought the eliminator kits, I myself wanted to run just a shorter belt and remove the smog pump and compressor, but I read somewhere on here a while ago that you couldn't do that.

·
Registered
571 Posts
You can eliminate both AC and smog without the smog eliminator. Just get the brackets for a non AC car, and get a 71.5 " six rib belt. Make sure your routing is correct.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Whoever you are...
Please contact me again for the A/C delete, as I misplaced your address on where to ship.
(sorry):eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts