Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well seems like my A/C just died on me. I'm guessin its a freon leak or something along that nature as it blows air just fine, except it never gets cold. I was wondering, if I were to go with a shorter belt would the gains be worth it rather than spending the $$$ to get it fixed? Cause my warrenty for Ford is definetly broken at this point heh. Also live in FL though so that's a major factor...

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I thought mine was crapping out on me this past summer...At highway speeds it would blow all sorts of air out of it but wouldn't get cold...but if I would slow down to street speeds or stop completely it would kick on...Don't know why it did it, cause I definately wasn't at WOT on the highway when it's supposed to turn itself off...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Try the A/C cycling switch that fixed my problem and many others have had this problem also. Costs 15 bucks from Ford and is super easy to change.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Same thing happened to me 6 months ago: nothing but warm air was coming out the vents. I had an auto shop put in new freon, and the problem was solved.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Seems to be a trend

My A/C is out too! Seems like there is a leak. It went out all of a sudden on my 98 cobra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts