Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question born out of desperation, so please have a little mercy on me.

How badly would I be shooting myself in the foot if I tried to use maximum motorsports standard offset a-arms for a fox, on an sn-95 mustang? My only other option being the stock a-arms.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I think you mean shooting yourself in the feet as in both...

The fox arms are 1.33" shorter per side so your track width and alignment will be messed up. I doupt even with camber plates you'd be able to get reasonable camber numbers back.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Not worth it for the reasons Toys mentions. Stick with stock SN95 arms until you can get some real SN95 aftermarket ones. Fox arms are junk for your application.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys thanks for chiming in, I appreciate the knowledge dump.

But, I've decided I'm gonna use them anyway, because, just think about it for a minute, the MM arms are TUBULAR, that means less air resistance during vertical travel, and they are way lighter that will mean lower moment of inertia and the combination will allow increased transitional velocities.

And also I am totally ####ing with you guys, I would never discount the advice of people who have more experience than me. I would almost bet MFE has a vein throbbing in his forehead as he reads this. "Just think about it for a minute." That was for you man (please don't kill me).

Ok provided I am still around, I have another question, is it possible/worth it to box in the stock a-arms while they are still on the car?

·
Registered
657 Posts
...for a second there I thought maybe a drag racer had taken a wrong turn into the road race forum!

I wouldn't bother, the extra weight and air resistance of the boxing will negate it's benefits.:rofl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts