Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good intercooler for about 800rwhp, just don't know if I should go cheap with a big eBay one or get something better going to be runing about 25 lbs of boost. Thanks

·
4,305 Posts
With intercoolers you get what you pay for on quality cores. I'd personally go with a shop known to produce quality intercoolers to better ensure you get one that is not simply junk. Although with that said it has been too long since I bought one so I lack a recommendation on places.

Sent from my iPad Nano

·
Registered
503 Posts
25lbs and 800RWHP is one MEAN 2valve!! When I swap out my intercooler I will be looking at Treadstone....heard good things. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
my car has made over 950 @ almost 26psi. with the bigger off the shelf Precision cooler.

With that said I looked at high end custom made set ups but they were 3-4x the cost of the Precision unit.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I used the second largest Garrett core and had it built myself for half of what the big guys wanted. At the end of a run my air temps are within 5-10* of ambiend at 800rwhp. Spend the money on a quality core and you don't be disappointed!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks guys those were the answers I was looking for, I'll get a good core probably precison or Garrett

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
how are you planning to run the cold side piping on your 2v? Its being difficult for me to find any room for the piping to do a traditional style intercooler with inlet and outlet on the opposite sides. From what ive seen its alot easier to have both inlet and outlet on the passengers side with a single turbo

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah its going to be hard i have 4inch dp that i have to try to pipe around, but i dont know if i want a vertical flow intercooler ,what intercooler are you running?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I had a hellion intercooler and it fit great just was a little on the small side for me. Then I tried a procharger vertical style with the inlet and outlet on opposite sides and it fit ok but wouldnt allow me to run the piping the way i needed around my 5" downpipe. Now im without an intercooler. Now im considering the CG fabrication intercooler kit. It uses the inlet and outlet on the passenger side. It would fit great and caleb does awesome work. He'll also custom make it however you need and if it doesnt fit right you can send it back and he'll make it right. The price is on the high end but at this point everything is expensive

·
Registered
503 Posts
Are you planning on keeping some kind of bumper support? Would like to have inlet and outlet on passenger side Treadstone TVR25 seem to be a good one but looks like "bye bye" to any bumper support without fab.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes i will build a bumper support, if i end up going with a vertical intercooler i dont have any room to run the piping around the 4inch dp, so i might have to go with same side intercooler

1 - 13 of 13 Posts