Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting the SQ SC installed here pretty soon and I wanted to know if the 30 lb injectors that come with the kit are sufficient. Would I be wasting my money buying 42lb injectors and maybe a lightning MAF? I dont plan on doin anything else to the car anytime soon.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,628 Posts
HKShooter said:
Im getting the SQ SC installed here pretty soon and I wanted to know if the 30 lb injectors that come with the kit are sufficient. Would I be wasting my money buying 42lb injectors and maybe a lightning MAF? I dont plan on doin anything else to the car anytime soon.

Thanks
The 30's will be enough, however, you might have to run the FMU depending on your power. With the 42's, you won't have to be concerned about the FMU taking a poo on you :)

I would think buying 42's and lightning MAF 90mm would be an excellent decision.

Good luck!

-Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,541 Posts
Re: Re: 99GT Vortech SC question?

1BadAzzGT said:


The 30's will be enough, however, you might have to run the FMU depending on your power. With the 42's, you won't have to be concerned about the FMU taking a poo on you :)

I would think buying 42's and lightning MAF 90mm would be an excellent decision.

Good luck!

-Tim
Tim, you forget to read sometime before post. LOL. When will you learn you cannot run an FMU on a 99+ GT.


Personally I still can't understand why Vortech still packages the 99 kits with 30's.

Yes I would do 42's and an MAF calibrated for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,628 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 99GT Vortech SC question?

RedGTvert said:


Tim, you forget to read sometime before post. LOL. When will you learn you cannot run an FMU on a 99+ GT.


Personally I still can't understand why Vortech still packages the 99 kits with 30's.

Yes I would do 42's and an MAF calibrated for them.

Oooopps... sorry bout that :) I keep thinking everyone owns a slow 96-98 like me... hahahahahaha.... oh well, we all make some mistakes. Let me slide this time? LOL. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
RedGTvert: Did you SC your 99? If so, what other preps did you do for the install? So far, I've heard that a new 255 pump wouldn't hurt, new copper plugs with a closer gap, and a 180 deg. thermostat. I have a Vortech SQ on-the-way! I wanna do it right.


That question also goes out to anyone who's running a Vortech S-Trim SC on a 99+GT. I have plenty of SC 'experts' who have suggestions, but they don't own a 99+ GT, with all it's particulars (and peculiarities). -Thanx in advance.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Mavi99GT said:
RedGTvert: Did you SC your 99? If so, what other preps did you do for the install? So far, I've heard that a new 255 pump wouldn't hurt, new copper plugs with a closer gap, and a 180 deg. thermostat. I have a Vortech SQ on-the-way! I wanna do it right.


That question also goes out to anyone who's running a Vortech S-Trim SC on a 99+GT. I have plenty of SC 'experts' who have suggestions, but they don't own a 99+ GT, with all it's particulars (and peculiarities). -Thanx in advance.:)
I have a 01 Gt with a Sq trim. What you should have done, although I did not do it this way, Is to buy everything seperately. The you could have bought the 42's and not have to pay for the 30's ect.... But since you already bought the kit you can stick with the 30# but once you start making about 370+rw you will need to upto 42#'s. The 01 kits came with 38# injectors- so mine were fine. Just when you dyno it make sure they take injector readings to see what they are reading and what they are maxed at. You should be fine with everything else in the kit,ecept maybe the vortech chip. You might have tosend it back a couple times if you have any spark knock or A/F is too high-needs to be about 11.5:1- no higher than 12:1 at wot-too risky. If you use a aftermarket MAF the first chip that vortech sends you probably will not have a low enough A/F- so you will have to send it back to them and have them reburn it- tell them your detonatinga nd the A/F was too high and they will add some fuel to it. Or you can just get a custom chip done whileon the dyno- thats what I did.

Good luck
Sg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
HKShooter said:
Im getting the SQ SC installed here pretty soon and I wanted to know if the 30 lb injectors that come with the kit are sufficient. Would I be wasting my money buying 42lb injectors and maybe a lightning MAF? I dont plan on doin anything else to the car anytime soon.

Thanks
This really depends on who and how they tune your car. With the MODS listed below, 30lbs injectors are up to the task to acheive the HP/TQ numbers I received with the LMAF using Steeda's ECU flash.

I seriously doubt any other chip can make the same HP/TQ numbers I have using the same MODS I have now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
I say use the money you'd spend on 42's on a new chip, the Superchip one is super crap. I have a whole new car after my custom Diablosport chip (and yes, it's a 99 :)).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,541 Posts
Re: Re: 99GT Vortech SC question?

GT2KDave said:


This really depends on who and how they tune your car. With the MODS listed below, 30lbs injectors are up to the task to acheive the HP/TQ numbers I received with the LMAF using Steeda's ECU flash.

I seriously doubt any other chip can make the same HP/TQ numbers I have using the same MODS I have now.
Dave, do you have any dyno sheets you could post. Would like to see A/F and see how the dual pump and MAF reacts as the power grows.

Personally, I still wouldn't mess with 30's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
01Blown4.6 -Thanx for the info.

What's really gonna suck the life out of me is sending my EEC back to Vortech. As I understand it, 99 owners have to send the entire unit to their factory so they can modify the port to accept the module. They supposedly give you a FedEx envelope for this purpose.

That's fine if I lived in the states but I'm stationed in Turkey though, and there's no FedEx here. DHL closed it's doors, too. UPS is the only game in town and they charge $200.00 for even a small item to be sent back (one way!). Outrageous!

I don't have much of a choice at this point. There's exactly one 99+ GT in this country and I own it. Looks like I'll just have to fork it over. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was already going to have a custome chip burned for my car on a dyno with the A/F. My main thing is : if I was going to be borderline with the 30#'s and factory MAF should I just go ahead and get the 42#'s and a lightning MAF? If the injectors that come with the Vortech would be fine with the stock MAF then woudl it be a waste of money to get the larger Injects and larger MAF?

If there is any other info you guys could give me I would appreciate it.

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 99GT Vortech SC question?

RedGTvert said:


Dave, do you have any dyno sheets you could post. Would like to see A/F and see how the dual pump and MAF reacts as the power grows.

Personally, I still wouldn't mess with 30's.
Attached is my latest dyno with Steedas ECU. Unfortunatley, the wide-band sensor that measured the A/F ratio was not tied into the dyno so I am not able to show you the A/F ratio. I can tell you that th A/F ratio was from 11.1 to 11.9.

As soon as another speed shop installs their dynometer, I will have it re-done and post the results.



Latest Dyno
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
01blown4.6 said:


I have a 01 Gt with a Sq trim. What you should have done, although I did not do it this way, Is to buy everything seperately. The you could have bought the 42's and not have to pay for the 30's ect.... But since you already bought the kit you can stick with the 30# but once you start making about 370+rw you will need to upto 42#'s. The 01 kits came with 38# injectors- so mine were fine. Just when you dyno it make sure they take injector readings to see what they are reading and what they are maxed at. You should be fine with everything else in the kit,ecept maybe the vortech chip. You might have tosend it back a couple times if you have any spark knock or A/F is too high-needs to be about 11.5:1- no higher than 12:1 at wot-too risky. If you use a aftermarket MAF the first chip that vortech sends you probably will not have a low enough A/F- so you will have to send it back to them and have them reburn it- tell them your detonatinga nd the A/F was too high and they will add some fuel to it. Or you can just get a custom chip done whileon the dyno- thats what I did.

Good luck
Sg
Sg, Good to see you back! How about that information on your uncles Extreme S-281 that you were talking about and I asked you some ?'s on!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top