Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know what kind of #'s you layed down with your 99+ GT on the dyno?

I'm also very interested in hearing about your specific combination....

Thank you,
Tim

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hey Tim,

Mine came a little on the low side I think... 99GT with 4.10's with Vortech V1 S-Trim and 255lph walbro pump in tank, bassani X pipe with cats and bassani cat back.

I pulled 325rwhp and 320ftlbs of torque.

Later,

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
02 Subaru WRX

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sohcv8gt said:
Hey Tim,

Mine came a little on the low side I think... 99GT with 4.10's with Vortech V1 S-Trim and 255lph walbro pump in tank, bassani X pipe with cats and bassani cat back.

Later,

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
02 Subaru WRX
Thank you!!!!! Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Tim,

My combo was Vortech V2-SQ. AFM PP, 70MM TB, Pro-M 80mm MAF (thank you Jim V), Fast Track A-to-A IC, 3.33 pully, Walbro GSS342 in-tank, ATI inline, ATI bleeder FMU (Yes, return style system) and FMS 36# injectors, FRPP shorties, Bassani X-with cats and Borla cat-back.

Personally I think the exhaust was worth bupkis, and same for the TB, but what the hey.

I was seeing 429rwhp and 409TQ. There was a bit more (yada, yada, yada) but ran out of injector.

Tune was 17* timing. A/F was 11.0 - 11.5.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RedGTvert said:
Tim,

My combo was Vortech V2-SQ. AFM PP, 70MM TB, Pro-M 80mm MAF (thank you Jim V), Fast Track A-to-A IC, 3.33 pully, Walbro GSS342 in-tank, ATI inline, ATI bleeder FMU (Yes, return style system) and FMS 36# injectors, FRPP shorties, Bassani X-with cats and Borla cat-back.

Personally I think the exhaust was worth bupkis, and same for the TB, but what the hey.

I was seeing 429rwhp and 409TQ. There was a bit more (yada, yada, yada) but ran out of injector.

Tune was 17* timing. A/F was 11.0 - 11.5.
Is that on stock block? Also with stock intake?

·
Registered
13 Posts
365 rwhp and 353 rwtq with a stock block/intake and conservative tune. Paxton NOVI 2000 at 10#, the car has been up to about 395 rwhp, but at that point detonation was starting.

Next to come is an intercooler.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Before the rebuild:
410/390. 10 pounds intercooled. All mods were on the car.

Since the rebuild, who knows, I'm still getting to that point.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dyno graph and build info at www.melloyellow.stangnet.com.
The 483rwhp is with cats and a stock bodied MAF and stock bottom end. I have since switched to a lightning 90mm and will try out a OR h pipe to see if I can nudge the 500 mark

·
Registered
516 Posts
I wish I could give you numbers. See sig. I am still waiting for the injectors. Vortech won't take Lamotta and Superchips word that two of them are defective. Vortech wants to test the injector before exchanging. Man don't you think they could just send me another set and send them back to Lucas (I think that is their supplier). But at least it is running with 30 lb for now. After the 38 lb I'm getting dyno tune at superchips. BTW engine is stock. The car runs great. No surging, smooth idle, and plenty of power. Right now I'm sure it is running pig rich to be safe. Oh, I just got my 100 dollar rebate check today in the mail. Sorry, just saw this thread as an opportunity to vent.

·
Banned
396 Posts
sohcv8gt said:
Hey Tim,

Later,

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
02 Subaru WRX
I would like to help why not give me a call.

Dennis

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Dennis,

I may take you up on that eventually...we are doing a lot to the car over the next month or two.. including the Vortech aftercooler setup.. and a 6 pt MM cage with Corbeau seats and simpson 5 pts. and a MM Torque arm and PH bar. So.. once that is done, I will see how the car dyno's out. I will then see what I can do from there. Ultimately my goal is 390-420rwhp on the stock block with the intercooler and 10-12psi of boost...and I'll run her till she blows.

Later,

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
02 Subaru WRX

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
1BadAzzGT said:

Is that on stock block? Also with stock intake?
Tim, that was with stock block and yes, stock intake. They didn't have the bullitt out when these numbers were done.

Mello is out to see just how much the stock bottom end will push . . .

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Tim, 399.5RWHP and 392.2RWTQ seeing 12.5lbs of boost at 6400RPM. Tune was done by Lidio Iacobelli and is very conservative, until I add forged internals this fall. A/F is consistently between 11.9-12.1 with 16 degrees timing.

Mods:
Vortech SQ, Vortech aftercooler, 3.33 pulley, 42lbs injectors, KB BAP, p&p bullit intake, p&p TB, Pro-M MAF, Steeda radiator, MAC longtubes, modified Bassani X-with cats, Borla catback, HD clutch, billet flywheel, steeda tri-ax, aluminum ds, 3.73's(mistake), control arms, subframes, Tokico shocks/stuts, and Cobra brakes(front). May have forgot something.LOL This weekend I am adding line locks and I am also ordering a pair of new 35th Ann. rims and having them widened to 10" so I can run 315's:) I like the stock look it makes kills that much better:evil: Hoping for 11's will know soon! Later Ron

1 - 20 of 23 Posts