Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cobra90gt:

It is REALLY fun to drive now! Kids at my school can't believe that I saved up and got it all done to my car.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Wow, that looks real clean. Thats awesome.:drool:

·
Registered
405 Posts
very very friggin cool. Beats the hell out of this 19 year old`s daily driver!

I love that green, you dont see much of it.
With that intercooler and a friggin race blower on there, i would imagine if you had that tuned tighter and got the new aeromotive returnless FMU you would see 500+rwhp with the engine and blower barely breathing. :evil:

Im jealous!:mad:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Awesome!

That is a beautiful setup. It looks just perfect. Nice work. Are you still running the IRS? If so, what suspension do you have? How is the hop? Do you have any track times with that setup. Thanks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thats nice! I just don't unnderstand why you need a intercooler for anything less then 10 lbs?

You bought the blower by yourself, but what about the car?:confused:

Are you a drug dealer?
:lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, still running with IRS rear, great for open track, which I do a lot more of than drags. My only day of drags netted a 13.05, 113 MPH. Launched slow then romped on it. If I get more serious about drags, then I'll learn how to launch it and get some mechanical help as well.

On open track, I need the boost all the time, consistently running 4000-6500 RPM most of the time. Aftercooler provides 70 more HP, helps keep the engine cooler. And, on drag day, if I put ice in the cooler, I net another 25 HP.

So, for my uses.....everyday driver, frequent open track days at VIR, Road Atlanta, etc, and an occasional drag day, the aftercooler was a no-brainer.

:D

·
Registered
480 Posts
What type of work do you do so you can afford all that?? I'm in debt to my bank for the next 2 years for mine!! LOL

·
Registered
143 Posts
Holy crap, you can get a loan from a bank to get a blower???? Tell me its true and I'll have one on my POS next week!!! Then I'll see what those smug-*ss vette drivers have to say to me.

·
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am still running the IRS in the rear but plan on a live axle build up this comming winter if the IRS holds up that long. The first pull on the dyno w/o the smaller pulley for the intercooler made 500rwhp. I went with an intercooler because it is driven everyday and I want it to be as safe as possible. They machined a plate to restrict it till I can get the funds to build a short block. So that put it down to 431 rwhp which is plenty for right now! I haven't had it to the track yet but I might make it there this wednesday. I get my new tires on tomorrow and then I'll keep you all posted about the quater mile times.

Joeys: I bought the car and I paid for this whole entire setup. I work for a company called The Right Stuff Detailing. Sorry no drug dealinginvolved, just called working my ass off and being a penny pincher.

Redsnake99: I almost had pauls high performace do a setup just like your. Vortech blower, aftercooler, and install. But SHM gave me a good price and I just took the car up there and it was actually a little cheaper.

32vfromhell: Thanks for the comments, its nice to see some younger people on here!

·
Registered
405 Posts
ahh, that makes sense on how the power was down, and honestly it is pretty smart of you to tone it down till you get forged internals. I think, for my own good, i will get the internals BEFORE the blower, im not sure i will be too happy with the lower compression (im thinking 9.3:1 or even the stock 9.8:1) i will have, but it might be smarter for me than to do the blower THEN shortblock, im too antsy!:joy:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Wickedslobra said:
Holy crap, you can get a loan from a bank to get a blower???? Tell me its true and I'll have one on my POS next week!!! Then I'll see what those smug-*ss vette drivers have to say to me.
I actually got a loan to pay for a new motor, and then just asked for a little more for the blower :D It's like an "auto improvment" loan :p

Go get a loan and buy my blower!!!!:joy: :joy:

·
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mystic96GTX:

How do you like your Nitto's? I just ordered them and I'm getting them put on tomorrow after work. Let me know, thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts