Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did 2 pulls on my car today just out of curiosity at Team Ford in Marietta. Only mod worth listing is a VRS X pipe with converters.

Run 1 - 270/264 (HP/TQ)
Run 2 - 281/276

Run 2 was 10-15 min after run 1, and there was a big fan blowing into the engine compartment.

Overall, pleased with this I guess. Sure did make a big difference between the 1st and 2nd run. Torque seems a little low?

I also shut it down at 6700 RPM.

·
Registered
554 Posts
lo pony said:
Did 2 pulls on my car today just out of curiosity at Team Ford in Marietta. Only mod worth listing is a VRS X pipe with converters.

Run 1 - 270/264 (HP/TQ)
Run 2 - 281/276

Run 2 was 10-15 min after run 1, and there was a big fan blowing into the engine compartment.

Overall, pleased with this I guess. Sure did make a big difference between the 1st and 2nd run. Torque seems a little low?

I also shut it down at 6700 RPM.
My torque figures have always seemed low as well and until I got a chance to run it on the dyno with a wideband I didn't know why. This more then likely indicates you are running rich, not saying it's a 100% correct just a guess based off my findings.

You can gain quite a bit of torque from a good tune and leaner A/F ratio, can't wait to get my chip updated with some new settings to see how much I gained.

Second run numbers are what I would expect to see with the mods you have. Not sure what happened first run unless the ECU was just reset or the motor was hot and pulling timing.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've always thought, with the reformulated gas they make us run here in ATL, that the car is on the ragged edge of detonation. It will ping lightly with just normal driving sometimes.

When I romped on it on the first pull, it pinged very briefly (like milliseconds). I thought the computer might have pulled the timing throughout the rest of the run.

The second pull, I got into the throttle a little bit more gradually. I can't remember if it pinged or not, but it still might've.

Yeah, looks like I should save for a chip and pullies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts