1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's It fit? How bad was the install? K
Member?

Any issues I should be aware of?

I want a 400hp 2v and it's cheapest route.

Thanks
Cody

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I have the forward facing kit. It fit pretty good. If you go that route I would go ahead and order 3 2.5" v-band clamps from racepartsolutions.com and 3 2.5" obx down pipe gaskets to go in the v-band connections. The clamps that On3 supply are junk! Other than the leaks I love the kit!

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Honestly a used $1500 or less S Trim is your cheapest route, or full boltons & 150 shot, or cams and a 100 shot.

My friend bought an 03 GT from me a couple years ago and recently got it running with a first gen On3 kit he bought last year. It's very laggy, but some of that is the MP76mm turbo, and some of it is all of the piping in the kit. It does not have a great powerband, but the car pulls hard once it's going.

He did the UPR K Member, A Arms and Coilovers. The k member fitment isnt great with one of the pipes. He bought new v bands from somewhere else online, no leaks to report!

12 psi = 472 rwhp SAE with an open downpipe on a forged low compression shortblock (that car was a SLUG n/a), a slightly less flowing than stock dorman autoparts store replacement intake, stock heads, stock cams, comp or crower springs, Accufab 75mm Plenum & TB. Car now has a full Magnaflow Catback, not sure what it lost for power yet over the open downpipe.

From a roll, brake boosting it, it ran off pretty good on a pullied 03 Cobra, although some of that is the weight difference I suppose.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
How about the k member? What do I need for springs and all?

How's the bov and wastegate
Not sure what you need to do for spring rates. Just call upr and tell them what u want to do with the car and they can lead you in the right direction.
As for the waste gate and bov, mine are working perfectly. I haven't tried changing the spring in the gate. I just left the lightest spring in and got a manual boost controller.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am debating it.. Due to having 4.10 gears and full bolt ons except for long tubes.
A vortech or procharger would be sweet but your only full boost when it's at 5800-6200 rpm.. Unlike a turbo were you can be full boost at 3800 or so.

I'm just stuck and can't make my mind.
A blower I wouldn't need a k member or switch gears back to3.27

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
That's exactly why I switched to a turbo! I had a s-trim on the car a few months ago. Unless your pushing like 15lbs you don't make boost down low. I see 8-9 lbs at 3k rpms with the turbo and mhs recession buster cams.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well there's a good deal on a polished procharger intercooled 8psi kit everything except pump and injectors for 1700 plus shipping.
That beats the brakes off a on3 and pricing the k member and gear swap etx

·
Registered
873 Posts
Honestly a used $1500 or less S Trim is your cheapest route, or full boltons & 150 shot, or cams and a 100 shot.

My friend bought an 03 GT from me a couple years ago and recently got it running with a first gen On3 kit he bought last year. It's very laggy, but some of that is the MP76mm turbo, and some of it is all of the piping in the kit. It does not have a great powerband, but the car pulls hard once it's going.

He did the UPR K Member, A Arms and Coilovers. The k member fitment isnt great with one of the pipes. He bought new v bands from somewhere else online, no leaks to report!

12 psi = 472 rwhp SAE with an open downpipe on a forged low compression shortblock (that car was a SLUG n/a), a slightly less flowing than stock dorman autoparts store replacement intake, stock heads, stock cams, comp or crower springs, Accufab 75mm Plenum & TB. Car now has a full Magnaflow Catback, not sure what it lost for power yet over the open downpipe.

From a roll, brake boosting it, it ran off pretty good on a pullied 03 Cobra, although some of that is the weight difference I suppose.
76 is way to big for a sohc car. the mp70 spooled to full boost by 2800rpm on the first gen kits once you get the driver side pipe to seal to the manifold

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
76 is way to big for a sohc car. the mp70 spooled to full boost by 2800rpm on the first gen kits once you get the driver side pipe to seal to the manifold
Well, the plan was for the 76 to get traded for a 70, but they got tired of waiting around and just put the car together. Kit was bought from guy who bought it with intentions of maxing the 76 out, but he only ever idled the car with it, took the car apart, put a big block in it and made it a race car. Friend bought turbo kit from him.

I cant see anyway a 70mm would spool by 2800 with this kit, maybe with a tiny a/r. Car makes ZERO boost in first gear. This car doesnt come on until 4500-5000, and thats with no leaks, but Im not disagreeing that a 76 is too big for what it is. If it had heads/cams and a useable rpm range, the 76 could be made to work though.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
From what I have read 3.27 keep the turbo spooled and in the power band longer. I have a set waiting to go in. The 410s are only good for a smoke show with the turbo.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Well, the plan was for the 76 to get traded for a 70, but they got tired of waiting around and just put the car together. Kit was bought from guy who bought it with intentions of maxing the 76 out, but he only ever idled the car with it, took the car apart, put a big block in it and made it a race car. Friend bought turbo kit from him.

I cant see anyway a 70mm would spool by 2800 with this kit, maybe with a tiny a/r. Car makes ZERO boost in first gear. This car doesnt come on until 4500-5000, and thats with no leaks, but Im not disagreeing that a 76 is too big for what it is. If it had heads/cams and a useable rpm range, the 76 could be made to work though.
stone stock 03 gt vert....

and i am wrong. the mp70 spools up completely on the dyno in 3rd by 3300

the forward facing kits spool up faster around 2800 now that i remember correctly

1 - 20 of 39 Posts