Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the forum , bt im 18 and im building a 98 turbo cobra vert. Here are the specs

Gt35r dbb oil & water cooled, Compressor a/r is .70 exhaust is 1.06
Tial 38mm wastegate
hks bov
3" aluminum piping
Intercooler 32x12x4 (Biggest I could get behind the bumper)
nice set of tig welded manifold and 2.5 " piping to the turbo
3" down pipe ( still have to finish)
b3000 sct maf
60lb injectors
avaitor pump ( for now soon going bigger)
16" slim fan
sct xcal 3
dyno tuned ( looking for 450whp )
upr front end kit
Gears 4:10s
mickeys on the back ( hoping for a mid 11 to high 11)
and a 3" exhaust
hot side will be jet coated black or silver

tell me what you think

And everyone seems to like pics so here what I got stared

Also have a few ?s . Were do I get the feedfor oil line?
and can pcv see boost ? If not what do i do with it?
Wre can I get a good vacum source from for the bov & boost gauge?

thanks tom

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Are you going to use a manual or auto trans. With 4:10 gears and a manual you will be disappointed, the turbo will not build much boost at all in the lower gears.
At least that is what is going on with my 04 GT and 64 MM turbo.

Windsor396

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
as far as your PCV setup goes here is what i did
One way check valve inline with the stock PCV valve
Breather on the valve cover....Now this works for some but not all. some people have to have both valve covers going to a catch can.

As far as gears go i would go with 3.27 or 3.55 that should be nice for that setup
Vacuum signal for the BOV and Wastegate i would get directly from the intake that is what i did.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wastegate just gors to the turbo. and the 4;10s i think will make it fun to drive , also the turbo is going to spool fast , like prob 3k full boost its a t3/t4 which is a small turbo for a single setup. my car has 3.27 in it now and it was a dog , no whel spin in sec. I want hook it at the 1/4 and go

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
too much gear

3.55's is all you need... maybe a 3.73 TOPS!!

turbo needs engine load to spool, more gear equals less load, which slows spool. It just goes through the gears so fast that the turbo doesnt have time to react.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
too much gear

3.55's is all you need... maybe a 3.73 TOPS!!

turbo needs engine load to spool, more gear equals less load, which slows spool. It just goes through the gears so fast that the turbo doesnt have time to react.
Thank You no one seems to understand this

·
Registered
146 Posts
My wastegate just gors to the turbo. and the 4;10s i think will make it fun to drive , also the turbo is going to spool fast , like prob 3k full boost its a t3/t4 which is a small turbo for a single setup. my car has 3.27 in it now and it was a dog , no whel spin in sec. I want hook it at the 1/4 and go
Basically everything you said is contradictory. Somebody lied to you if you think even cause it's a small turbo that'll spool up fully by 3k even at 9psi. And you're car's a dog with 3.27s cause it's NA so of course there wont be any tires spin for you now. And with 4.10s and a turbo you wouldn't 'hook and go' like you'd like either, you'd either bog or spin.

I've still got the 4.10s in my car from when i was NA and it's fine for 9psi but the car hits 9psi at 3900rpms and at any more boost it would just be a waste time with these gears. You should run the numbers before you decide on a gear. I was going to go with 3.27s but decided that 3.55s are going to be fine for me with a 26" tall tire and if I end up running out of gear a lil bit then i can just put a 28" tall tire and be just fine.

Do yourself a favor and take EVERY bit of advice you've been givin in this thread.

·
Registered
379 Posts
4.10's will not make it fun to drive at all trust me i had 4.10's in my turbo t bird didnt build any boost cus of the gearing and i couldnt cruise wit the car at all. 65mph on the highway = 3500-4000rpms not good for cruising or any of that ####. Listen to people that know from experience 3.55's will be perfect.....oh yea :worthless

1 - 14 of 14 Posts