Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that from the 98 to the 99 GT most people want to do the head swap for more horsepower. I was wondering if from the 98 to the 99 Cobra when the horsepower was increased did this have anything to do with the heads being different as in the GT model. If the heads are different is it worth doing the swap or is it better to have my stock 98 heads ported and pollished? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I think that the 96-98 cobra heads respond better to boost, while the better of the 2 N/A are the 99+ or the FR500 heads. So, If you plan to get boosted, PnP those stockers and hang on. Also, If you were to swap to the 99+ heads or the FR500 heads, you'd need the 99+ or FR500 intake, the FR500 intake is not yet available, but the heads are fro about 750-850 each. If you do plan a swap, what would you do with the stockers...I'd be interested....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I do plan on boosting it so i guess i will stick with the stock ones and just do the headwork.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot the second part of my question, why is it that the 99+ heads respond better to N/A while the 96-98 responds better to boost? What was the differnce in the heads? Thanks again for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts